Canada Day

by Truth seeker 674 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Tommorow is Canada day lets hear some uplifting stories on Canada Day! Those from the US and Great Britain and ethniic communities around the world lets hear from you.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I Am Canadian. RCMP with Flag

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Welcome Heaven

• Simon
    Simon

Lots of stories to inspire and restore your faith in humanity around Calgary this part week. So many people volunteering and turning up at people's houses to help, companies offering equipment and services for free, giving staff time off to volunteer etc.

Canadians are good neighbours.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Simon yes they are good neighbors. I would love to hear your story someday.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Simon I remember the ice storm of 98 that we had in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. We went 7 days without power many north of here went 2 or three months without power. It was an experiance

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

sure is pretty up there!

• Simon
    Simon

I remember seeing the ice-storms on the UK news ! Steel power line structures sollapsed because of the weight of ice on them - scary !

• Captain Obvious
  • HarryMac
    HarryMac

Nice 'Fubar' picture there. I remember watching those guys at Loose Moose Theatre way back in the day.

Friends of friends kind of thing from drama class. I'd have been in there doing that stuff with them if I could do it over... but, you know... what with the 'Youth' brochure, etc... I was knocking on doors in my young adulthood instead.

Good times... good times.

Agree with Simon... heart warming... cleaning some old boxes out of basement that got wet and people offering us help and water, etc. We got off really lucky so the volunteers can help elsewhere, but wow..... 'worldly' people are such assholes, eh?!

Canmore for this Canadian tomorrow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit