Did You Lie and Say You Would Attend Another District Convention When You Were Given A Assignment Without Choice? We can't listen from the Help Desk or Info Desk.

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

How many of you who had the responsiblities holding down posts at the District Convention lied to the little children and friends by saying "I am going to come back in next month for another District Assembly?" when they asked you "When are you going to be able to enjoy the lifesaving message Jehovah's Faithful Slave has provided for you?"

As Julia Orwell noticed at the District Convention there are brothers usually who do not pay attention to the program so tediously made by the Faithful Slave. I know the elders and servants are screwed because they are told they will be taking up a post and it's up to them to catch the program at another Convention. Most decent men do not put their family through a "Two District Convention Hardship (It's grounds for divorce in some JW households!) and don't feel like wasting two weeks of their life for the DC. So who were the others? The brothers who drifted from post to post like a tumbleweed blowing in the desert wind? Did they listen to the Convention or was it the "over-active bladder" or "hemorroids" excuse that allowed them to come and loudly speak in the hallways and tell jokes to their friends or talk on the phone? I know one brother who was calling his stock broker and real estate developer in the hallways for the whole three days making money at the Convention. Why don't we hear about those in the experiences?

how many of you actually drove long distance to attend two District Conventions making sure you received the vital, lifesaving message everyone else had to suffer through? I know my brother was one of those who never sat in his chair, he was always playing with his cellphone, texting, checking people out with is binoculars, gliding around various posts to post checking up on District Gossip so he could share this with my Aunt who would put all that gossip into play through the Circuit and District. I hate thinking about all the hardships the poor JW kids have to endure because we parents did not do our job and catch the fraud long before we did. I did want to attend the next district convention but it was so far and two DCs would have killed me. So, I guess I lied to all the friends and kids who asked me if I would be able to view the Drama and enjoy the Holy Spirit direction of the Assembly. I had good intentions, yes "The road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions" that saying applies to me, how about you?

• Laika
    Laika

I remember an elder asking me to help out with the car parking team before the Convention. This meant that I would miss the first 15-20 minutes each day, nothing else, but he still suggested I arrange to go to another for a listening Convention, can't miss those 20 minutes! I told him I would go to another Convention I had absolutely no intention of going to.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Arboles, Ex husband would work at one, then we would go to the next one to "listen". The second one we would go to, was a one day drive away. We actually preferred listening at the 2nd neighboring one, for the exact reason we did not know anyone. The ones at our District Convention, in Administration, on the platform, heads of Dept., some were good and honest, others were phony hypocrites. Oh, the Bro and Sis talks on their experiences. Oh please, let me not know them. FacePalm.

Just Lois

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Lois, he was lucky to have you, many wives would have left their husbands for "Cruel and unusual punishment" and you were kind enough to go with him a "day's travel". It really sucks we have such a vast cloud of good and decent people on JWN with very good histories of trying to follow the rules and be good and decent people. Once you leave the Organization or Fade, they really can't wait to forget all those good things and sacrifices many of our fine sisters endured so the Flock could have a District Program run by the sacrifices of the people behind the scenes. It's been with in the last year I realized how selfish the Organization really is, if only I had the brains to pay attention to Randy's pages on "Freeminds" over a decade ago, I would have saved myself years of grief. I see the unfairness being handed out to our older ones who are now being forgotten and put to pasture by the new and upcoming Stars.

How come the brass from Bethel don't receive the same treatment and experience the tears of pain because they feel useless to Jehovah? Let's try the same tactics used by Locals Only and apply it to Bethels older members by telling their older Bethel Family members "its your problem to get to a DC, we are only worried for ourselves and our own family." As my brother put this "I am not in a position to help you, sorry!" Let's stop checking up on them once they are too old to be of service for our Organization. If those Bethel Brothers can't peform, put them away in some dumpy run down Rest home and let's forget they existed they exact way that is taking place with people as young as 40 to 60, it's really ugly what goes on with 70 to 100s, some are left to die alone and cry when the District Convention dates approach because they do not have anyone who is capable of handling their special needs like the nurses that traveled with one older Member of the Organization. He had every luxury your donations could afford and taught a message that contradicted all the practices taking place through the Brotherhood. This topic of the elderly being abused really pisses me off because I see the hypocrisy and genuine carelessness for the long time servants of our God and his Son Jesus Christ. Good Night Sweet Sister Lois and I hope you have sweet dreams and a nice day tomorrow, peace and love to your Sis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit