IF You Call or Have Bethel Contacts

by messenger 11 Replies latest jw friends

• messenger
    messenger

I thought I would pass for those it may concern. WT has instituted the highest security measures from within. In the course of the last year security has been installed at the trunk or core line going into and out of all WT facilities. Any phone call by pay phone or otherwise from within any bethel complex is recorded and flagged for any suspicious wording. All computer activity from within is monitored as well with a program that informs them of every click on any computer used within. When you click on the WT website you will receive a "cookie" that let's them know where you go from there, according to those who are in the know. I guess the question would be if this is just the simple truth from God, why all the draconian measures to spy on those who are members? If you are a person at a WT facility and you wish to communicate something that might make WT unhappy you need to get outside of their property before you use the telephone or computer in order to be protected.

Just thought you might like to know.

• spender
    spender

You don't get any cookie by visiting their site. They can always log it on their end and still know when you're going on their site, but they don't put anything on your computer. I just checked.

• MavMan
    MavMan

Hey messenger read John 8:44!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if they also forbid encrypted communications...

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    ... [The devil] was a murderer from the beginning...

Who was murdered?

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I can believe the part about them monitoring the telephone communications - in fact they've been doing that for awhile. Just now they have computers doing it for them. I would doubt they really care much about people who visit their web site however.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

it's a mental illness!!!!!

called paranoia.--

a form of mental disorder characterised by fixed delusions, esp. of grandeur*, pride,** persecution***: intense (esp. irrational) fear or suspicion.

* grandeur -- we are going to rule the earth!!!!!

** pride -- we have the greatest organisation ever formed...it's the most loving, it's the most zealous!!!

*** persecution -- doesn't everyone know jws are the ONLY people in the world that have ever been persecuted!!!!!

why else do you have to monitor the conversations and contacts of your staff.. ??

why else do you have to expell people and forbid contact, with those who hold a (even slightly) variant opinion.. ??

why else do you have to turn elders into spiritual policemen -- constantly checking up on the drifters, and expelling them .. ??

new nick for them ---

GOD'S PARANOID PEOPLE !!!!!!

• Xenu
    Xenu

Are we to assume that this is all based on concrete evidence? It is already known that those who serve at the World Headquarters of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society receive monthly logs of the outside calls they have placed, for the purpose of billing.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Sounds alot like the Jonestown paranoia to me.

HIND SIGHT IS 20/20
    PROCRASTINATION IS THE THIEF OF TIME!!

• rhett
    rhett
    All computer activity from within is monitored as well with a program that informs them of every click on any computer used within.

Winwhatwhere. That's the name of a program that does just what you're talking about. It can also email all the information gathered to a certain email address at any given time. Not only that, the person using the computer may very well not even know its running. Then again, if you're very good with computers (which I'm assuming most Bethelites aren't) you can kill it pretty easily. It was used at a company I used to work at so I was able to learn the ins and outs of it. I never liked but what pissed me off was when I found out it was on my computer. Needless to say I got it off but never heard anything more about it.

When you click on the WT website you will receive a "cookie" that let's them know where you go from there

No it doesn't. It probably tracks where you come from and where you go after you leave but that's actually very common and is done on the majority of websites in operation. It doesn't require a cookie can be done whether you want it to or not.

I guess the question would be if this is just the simple truth from God, why all the draconian measures to spy on those who are members?
    They're a cult. Cults like to keep pretty close tabs on its members, especially the people in its headquarters. On the other hand, some companies do the very same thing so take that to mean whatever you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit