Anyone with a Mormon background? Wedding with a non-believer.

by jam 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

So there you are at the festivities. Dinner had not been served, so your daughter approaches you and says that dinner cannot be served unless you leave. Your JW buddy is overseeing the reception and your daughter is apparently passing on a message. When you leave, your non-JW family left, too. Why was that? And why would they not serve dinner while you were there?

Was it because of your non-JW family who left with you? Did they understand they weren't welcome? When you guys left the reception, was dinner served to the remaining Jehovah's Witnesses?

What would have happened had you and your family refused to leave? The Branch Overseer was obviously the one who issued the order, but what right did he have to do so? Is it that he didn't want non-JWs at the feast?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is of great interest to me. My JW family members, when they joined the Society (the whole lot of them) just cut off all contact with us after they were baptized. I can only surmise they were ordered to do so.

No wonder the ex-JWs here are so ticked off! It makes me furious even hearing about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit