What the heck is a Bethel Elder?

by Julia Orwell 17 Replies latest jw friends

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Lol, @Julia. "A table boss".

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

"They are appointed by the Governing Body from recommendations made by the Branch Committee."

Ok, so I've learned from ex bethelites on this page that at least half of these people are nasty, petty, and high on power. So the GB appoints sociopaths?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, you got it as usual Julia.

I always thought of those ones thus appointed as probably guys who would not have been appointed, at least for many years, in their own congregations, where the R&F knew what they were really like.

• PleiadesPoliceman
    PleiadesPoliceman

The Bethel Elder is the Waiter and the lowly elder is a bus-boy or dishwasher and the chef, the prepcook, the wine and beer server? The pastry chef, so many titles to pass around at Bethel. Thank God that Russell and Rutherford said "Organized Religion is not needed to worship Christ" and J.R said "Snare and a Racket!"

How many layers of elders are there at Bethel? We have more layers than the ancient Jews had!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Done away with circa late 90's? ?

• Weana
    Weana

that title was abadoned in about 2004

• Honesty
  • BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@Julia Orwell there were some nice ones too. I just didn't meet any of them. LOL.

Generally speaking the younger and newer they were, the nicer they were. The longer they were there, the more responsibility they were given (slowly, over time) until they weighty and bloated with their own self-consuming need to exist. It's a fascinating. Like leading a mouse with bread crumbs in circles until they think going in circles is the only way to stay alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit