How I Treat Patients Who Refuse Blood Transfusions

by TJ Curioso 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I am so, so, thrilled to read this!!! Thank you. A unique perspective, - love it.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Excellent article! Worth saving.

Similarly, JWs rely on non-JWs to donate blood for their 'acceptable' blood fractions, while not donating themselves because that would be 'wrong.'

Also like the relief many JWs feel knowing the non-JW courts will inevitably take the decision-making out of their hands when their small child needs a blood transfusion.

• kjg132
    kjg132

Interesting read and good points AnnOMaly. I have seen parents who acted relieved that if it came to "that" the court would decide. I felt a bit judgemental at the time. As a small child, I was told about blood transfusions and I was told about the "court ordered" ones too. Then I was told that I would need to refuse it on my own and if I were to wake up from unconciousness and there was a blood transfusion being administered I was to literally rip it from my arm and try to get out of there and keep refusing on my own. I have an image of that scene etched into my memory, I always wondered if I could be "strong" enough....but I visualized being able to do it. That was a huge pressure and burden for a kid...that has lead me to a lot of anxiety over the years and now even as a freed adult there is residual anxiety attatched to all this. Its hard to even participate in these discussions but I am hoping it has a healing effect.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

The reality blood transfusions can be done behind close doors and no one would need to see it. She does not need a deputy she just needs to take responsibility. JW do not need anyone in the room.

Elders would disfellowship her!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit