The Promise Land

by wasblind 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

In the early days of the ol' South, like the WTS, Apologist for the practice of slavery

" Seemed compelled to convince the world that the slaves were not only well fed, But the happiest people on earth "

_____Complete History of American Slavery chapter 11

For those interested in the history of the country in which the Watchtower Society was founded

and where they get thier ideas. Yes, education is the key to escape the WTS

The WTS does the same thing, they claim Witnesses out in field service

are well fed by the spiritual food from Brooklyn and are the happiest as a result of this

Christians who were slave owners eased their minds on the practice of slavery when they

convinced themselves that this practice was approved by God. And that they were doin' God's work

It was hard for the African slave to maintain his own way of worship because

they were forced to accept the religion of thier master

The Governing Body also force it's members to accept the things they teach

If the members don't. They too, like the slave will be separated from family members

as punishment. Marked as a trouble maker

Jehovah's Witnesses today are convinced the only real way to escape " This system of things "

is to do as the Governing Body bids, right or wrong. Which is shown to be wrong

everytime the Governing Body apply " New Light "

Like Jehovah's Witnesses, the African Slave came to except that if freedom could not be found

in this system, it would be found in the kingdom of God, where their burdens would be lifted

and a reunion would take place among relatives that had been sold away and those who had passed on

In the promise land

Yes, That land, the WTS use as a carrot to continue to enslave

those in field service while they work for a multi million dollar Publishin' / Real estate Co.

The jig is up. We know what you really are under the guise of a religion

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Interestingly enough, the idea that blacks were "incapable" of being free and independent plus "liked" being of service was part of a common belief that certainly helped reduce white guilt. Even in the recent movie by Quinten Tarrantino (a man who clearly LOVES the hypocrisy over the "N-word") they repeated the belief that blacks had a reduced area of the brain that was designed for intelligence and thinking, but had a developed part of the brain that was associated with those who would be fulfilled by "service."

Others have said that "slavery was ordained by God."

My position is that God might have permitted slavery under certain conditions, but would not condone any type of slavery under that broad banner. For instance, in ancient times, if a master wanted to have sex with a slave, his wife had to be present. Once a child was born then the child became thw wife's child. Thus the children o slaves were considered legitimate. The act itself apparently had the wife sitting down and the woman on her knees with her face in the wife's lap, so as the husband was having sex with her, he was facing and kissing his wife, etc.

That wouldn't cover what was going on in "the South" where slave masters often had a grand old time having sex with whatever slaves he wanted, male or female, and the children born to them, though half white, would remain slaves.

Plus the slaves were still considered human and under the majority of circumstances, unless they willingly agreed, they could be freed and become a normal citizen. In the South, slaves were forbidden to be freed by their masters. I'm a personal victim of that. My g.g.g grandfather loved his slave, Gracie, and treated her like his wife. He never married a white woman. He was wealthy and tried to free his slaves, that is, his children, before his death and leave them money. But the law in Texas forbade that. So my white cousins, his nephew took him to court and won legally so that no property or freedom was granted to his slaves. Plus, you were considered "negro" if you had just one drop of Negro blood.

But even if you were freed, the white culture still inculcated at every level the idea that they were not as good as whites. That goes from "white only" water fountains, to blacks having to sit in the back of the bus.

Now the bright side of slavery is that it allows people to work and survive. But even under the Jewish system, this was not forever. All lands were returned and debts paid and slaves freed in the jubilee year.

So now, if that specific kind of slavery were practiced, then probably there would not be such a big stink over claiming the Bible ordains slsvery. But it was not the oppressive and racist kind of slavery of the "Old South."

So fundamentally, let's say we have to accept that God approves or accepts some forms of slavery. But does he excuse racism along with it?

Racism gives slavery a bad name, or at least a worse name than otherwise in a world now that is aspiring to equality and multiculturalism.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Slavery has always existed, people have enslaved others of thier own race

but these were indentured slaves. They did not always have to remain so

or wait on the kingdom

There were not enough indentured slaves to support a country that was bound to grow

that's when the Americanize way of slavery began in this country

• jam
    jam

Howdy wasblind: I always wondered, how or why did those

first group of slaves become Christians. Can you imagine Hitler

introducing Mind Comp to the Jews, his political and religious

ideology.

Ok, this book tell you about the promise land , but you may

enter but you will be a slave, plus this book tell you, you are

made a little lower then the rest of us. You were cursed by the

author of this book, but he loves you. So you see I have justification

in beating the hell out of you until you become a Chirstians.

Oh yes, that's the religion for me.

What ever our belief were before being shipped here as slaves it must

have been better, worshipping a mountain or lion couldn't have been worst.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Was Blind and Larsinger 58...Your whole page concept is correct. The WTB&T$ enslaves its members. Who enjoys that? Only the Slave Masters, Slave Overseers, on down the line. Whoever can "Lord it over another". Disgusting.

Larsinger58, My gggfather owned slaves. At one time, I had a bill of sale. For one adult Black man, he paid well over $1,000.00. Even though it was forbidden, he taught his slaves to read and write. When he felt the time was right, he provided them with provisions and a map to go North, advising them to travel only at night, hiding by day. And yes, I have "Quaker" in my blood.

Larsinger58, I am truly sorry that things didn't go well with your relatives. Sorry decades later from those "white" relatives responsible, wouldn't cover the hurt and pain caused by their lack of Christian principles that would have affected your family.

I am "white". As a little girl, innocent, pretty, naive, and trusting, to look at me, you probably would think my life was easy. My plastered on smile, was a signal to myself, that no matter what happens to me, I am not going to let anyone "ruin" me. I will live my life, in dignity and honor. I have spilled out enough of my "secret" life here on JWN so that I can heal.

Reading Ray Franz's C of C, was like hearing words from my gggfather to his soon to be, freed Slaves. Ray's book was the "provisions" and "map" and hugs and hand shakes of good will, my gggfather extended to those Black people, on their journey to freedom, to a better life.

I feel that here on JWN, we all are provided the "means" and understanding to escape the ugly Watchtower Slave Master. There is also support here 24/7. No one is on this journey alone. There is help.

If the Slaves my gggfather helped and freed, stayed in the area and didn't flee, my gggfather's conscience was clear. The decision was their's. Stay a Slave or go.

I truly hope your reasonings Was Blind and Larsinger58 on this topic, will be read and understood by at least one lurker.

Just think, if just one lurker takes back his brains and reasoning skills, we together have freed a Watchtower "slave".

Just Lois

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Sorry. Double post.

Just Lois

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS didn't do one thing to help end segregation in the south. They preached

for folks to " wait on the Kingdom " The Promise Land

Don't get involved in worldly matters. Jus' wait

And yet, they boast in thier racial harmony and how different races

worship together in thier kingdom halls

Oh yea, the WTS bash civil rights leaders and yet eat of thier hard fought fruits

If not for those who fought for the rights we have today, we would still be waitin'

watchin' lookin' out for the Kingdom. That Promise land

When the WTS boast about racial harmony don't be fooled

It only boils down to not bein'selective when it come to those

who work in fieldservice under the watchful eye of the overseers

sent out from the big house in brooklyn

The more the merrier for the WT$'s publishin'/Real estate Co.

Dollar bills baby $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Dollar bills

Need proof. Look at that country club the WTS built in upstate NY

As I have often said, The Devil himself ain't choosey when it come

to slaves

One backside turned up to the sun is as good as another

it don't matter who, he'll even snatch your mother

• wasblind
    wasblind

Howdy wasblind: I always wondered, how or why did those

first group of slaves become Christians._____Jam

Listen, Obey and be " Blessed " , as in spared from punishment

Religion was not forced on the slave to save his soul, Because the slave

was only considered to be 3/5th's of a man

The slaves congregated under a hired preacher who had the same beliefs

of the master, or a trusted slave who was looked upon as an elder

someone the slaves would listen to and follow

If a slave was caught practicin' his own religion

that would be considered as a disassociation from the master

and the slave would be punished

History shows that the Watchtower Society is not guided by Holy Spirit

but by the ways of the Ol' Southern Slavemasters

Like the Ol' Southern slave master. The WTS has condoned slavery

through the use of the Bible. Yes, they are todays apologist for the use of slaves

And yes. The WTS believe these slaves are the " Happiest group on earth "

as in " Happyfied "

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

...and the WBT$ still use the term 'overseer'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit