Global warming and Desertification

by still thinking 7 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

If you haven't seen this video I highly recommend it.

Allan Savory is discussing a way to not only stop climate change, but to reverse it. This idea is very different to what is presently being promoted. And makes a lot of sense to me.

If we are going to solve this problem I suspect it will be working WITH nature and the evolutionary process and not against it.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It left me feeling very positive about the future.

Here is a snippet about the video....

"Desertification is a fancy word for land that is turning to desert," begins Allan Savory in this quietly powerful talk. And terrifyingly, it's happening to about two-thirds of the world's grasslands, accelerating climate change and causing traditional grazing societies to descend into social chaos. Savory has devoted his life to stopping it. He now believes -- and his work so far shows -- that a surprising factor can protect grasslands and even reclaim degraded land that was once desert".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI

• metatron
    metatron

Yes! Thank You!

• still thinking
    still thinking

You are welcome metatron

• *lost*
    *lost*

Excellent ST

Working 'with' nature, not against it. It's the only way, considering the world is in it's current state of ill-health, because of man's

interference.

Man is presently learning, and paying an expensive price for his ignorance and mis-management of the earth.

It's simple, it's basic stuff, any one would have to be an idiot not to know the basics.

Man is learning he cannot control nature, and is learning to respect the power of nature. Tsunami's, tornadoe's, floods, fires etc.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I put the little blurb in just for you *lost*...

• besty
    besty

USDA says there's no evidence to back his claims, therefore he is probably right.

Great ideas. Fingers crossed his work gets more exposure.

• *lost*
    *lost*

ST so kind buddy ...

• cantleave
    cantleave

very interesting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit