Genuine repentance - if you can fake that you'll avoid getting disfellowshipped

by slimboyfat 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A lot of people don't realize this, but JCs have never been about determining "guilt" or "innocence".

"Guilt" has already been determined by two "witnesses" coming forward; JCs have always been about determining the accused's state of "repentence".

The confusion comes, I think, from having seen lots of courtroom dramas on TV and in the movies (both on the part of the individual who the JC is being held over and - in some cases - even the elders on the JC).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

But vidiot, isn't it true they sometimes call a JC in hope of getting a confession, where there is not enough evidence to determine guilt?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm sure they do.

Like I said, I think some JC elders get confused about what a JC is for, because they watched one too many courtroom dramas, and started thinking of themselves as Jah's hotshot prosecution attorneys.

• GRexBolt
    GRexBolt

It isn't about faking repentance, it's about accepting whatever you did as wrong and following the standards set by God. You can decieve man, but you can't decieve God."Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of the aforesaid things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience."-Ephesians 5:6

• Laika
    Laika
    It isn't about faking repentance, it's about accepting whatever you did as wrong and following the standards set by God. You can decieve man, but you can't decieve God."Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of the aforesaid things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience."-Ephesians 5:6

Says the person committing a disfellowshipping offence by being on this board. :eye roll: (Matthew 7:1, 2)

• kjg132
    kjg132

We got out of being DF'd because we knew that they wanted to call a JC and so we didn't anwer the phone, our door, or sign for the certified mail that shortly followed. If they have already "invited" you, never refuse to meet because then they can DF you without you there but cordially tell them you have a schedule conflict absolutely cannot make that date...tell them you will have to get back with them to discuss a solid date and then don't...and completely avoid any contact including signing for certified mail or running into them in public and then they will have to let the matter stay in "abeyance"...then if you can move

• GRexBolt
    GRexBolt

Well played Laika, but i'm doing as commanded at Luke 13:24-"Exert yourself vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    GRexBolt - "Well played Laika, but I'm doing as commanded at Luke 13:24 - 'Exert yourself vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able.'"

"Exert yourself vigoorously" = posting on XJW message boards?

• St George of England
    St George of England

...and if you do get D/Fed you can always buy this book:-

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/149558/1/Have-You-Been-DFd-Get-Reinstated-FAST-a-new-book

I've not had the need to buy it as yet so have no idea how good it is.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Was that from the same guy who wrote a book called "From publisher to elder in six months in ten easy steps"? Or something like that.

I wish I'd bought copies because I don't think they're available any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit