Will gay marriage hurt freedom of religion?

by jam 24 Replies latest jw friends

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Do they also refuse to do the wedding for felons, for mixed couples if they disapprove, or for couples who are too young?

Do they inquire if the bride and groom are chaste, do they find out if they have had sex before marriage?

Or is it just easier to 'stand for something' when the cause of their discomfort can't be concealed, like same sex marriage?

I agree... well said.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    jam - "Will gay marriage hurt freedom of religion?"

Absolutely.

If your religion's agenda is the prevention of gay marriage.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Never in America. We are NOt a religious country. The govt and religion are separate. The Rc church drives me out of my mind. If you cannot make Catholics fear God , the govt has far less power than God. Scare the living daylight s out of your members on a voluntary basis.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

NO.

The law that was passed in MD states that a religious institute will not be forced to peform same-sex marriages. With that said, there are many churches like Unitarian Universalist that will gladly provide a religious ceremony if said gay couple wishes it.

Like someone already said, the problem is when a church-run institute provides services for the general public but not for the gay public. Discrimination, pure and simple.

• jam
    jam

Lisa Rose you are upset with the wrong person.

"Why then did you start a thread about it", the same

reason people start a thread on a talking snake.

" I find it hard to believe any reputable newspaper would

publish this". You will find it in the Pasadena Star-News

California, located in the Opinion section, Sunday June 23.

Are you still a JW? Take it easy, OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit