a change the society is going to make on Thursday night meetings, can someone confirm this for me?

by Truth and Justice 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi to all!!

My Mother gets a call from a dear friend in the midwest. And this friend begins to tell my Mom that her kids who attend congregations in California were told that there "Thursday night meeting" or the "theocratic ministry school" is being somewhat cancelled, and that it will be considered "Family Night". This would start sometime in the next couple of months.

The reason for this change is to entice the younger generation, because there is a dramatic decrease in attendence at the meetings, and that this in some way would help them to have more interest.

What are your thoughts? Is there any truth to this?

Thanks again, "Happy Trails to all!"

Truth and Justice

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

they already did this with the book study night a few years ago.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Maybe the new meeting will help husband and wife to better brain wash their kids in the WT crap. I can see it now father and son demo. "Now son your mother and I are concern about your self-abuse habit. But dad it feels good and I can't seem to stop. Will son you know the WT gives us all the imformation we need to stop such harmful habits like this. But dad I don't think I can stop. Will son let's see what the lastest WT our only true source of godly imformation has to say. Let's see. Oh here it is. The Wt says don't think such sinful thoughts and you could go blind and become gay at any minute. Also the time you spend self-abusing yourself you could be out in the door to door work pushing our maz. As you know we have dumb them down to were a 1st grader can read them. So son what do you think of all this imformation. Will dad I think I should be more careful about all this after all I don't want to go blind and become gay or maybe..... no I don't want to be gay. And I could spend more time in field service that way I won't get a hard on all the time. It would best though I work with guys only like brother so and so I know he was a child abuser at one time but according to the WT he can changed. That's the spirit son now lets go watch a movie together." Everybody claps and feels so good that they have god's blessings. Is that what they are talking about. Totally ADD

• Splash
    Splash

TMS cancelled?

The sisters will LOVE that!

Splash

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

If this actually happens which i truly doubt I would laugh in the face of all the dubs who praise how great it is and it is whats makes them such great preachers

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sounds like a miscommunication in reference to the previous cancellation of the 'Book Study'. The 'Theocratic Ministry School' meeting is on the same night as the 'Service Meeting'. If that were cancelled, it would imply some kind of winding back of their 'preaching work', which seems unlikely. Either it's old news about the other meeting, or maybe particular families are just ditching the other meeting for their own 'family night'.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If it did happen, that would mean the GB are desperately trying to " mainstream " JWism in the hopes that it will survive. Sounds like a mis-communication, but it would be awesome because it would make JWism more like " Christendom.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I'd be surprised if that happened. I'd be delighted if they just cancelled the meetings altogether...

• watson
    watson

Let's start some rumors!!

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

TotallyADD......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit