'Human Apostate' letter campaign

by zound 15 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

I think it would be helpful if this letter had the endorsement of Silent Lambs or came from local members of Silent Lambs, since the apostate talk says that "apostates" lie to authorities. Or else just mention that those who expose sexual abuse within the org are labeled apostate and disfellowshipped, using a real example and linking to Silent Lambs.

• zound
    zound

As to Julia's suggestion, here is an additional sentence to add after the sentence "The 'apostates' that are referred to in the talk...":

"The leadership claim freedom of speech when confronted about such remarks, yet hypocritically do not afford freedom of speech to it's rank and file members."

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

And the above silent lambs idea is good too. Newspapers love exposing pedophiles. Remember all the hullabaloo about Dennis Ferguson a few years ago? The media eats that stuff up.

• zound
    zound

I'd maybe suggest putting pedophile related stuff in a different letter at another time - two many issues in the one letter is not always a good thing (from a newspapers perspective)

Come on guys, almost 700 views but only a couple of responses.

• whathappened
    whathappened

We live in a college town. I was thinking about getting a professor to allow me to put it on his letterhead and have him sign it, with his approval of course.

What about other respected individuals in the area. They should be secular sources I suppose.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The ‘apostates’ that are referred to in the talk, are anyone who questions the doctrines of Jehovah’s Witnesses – including many current Jehovah’s Witnesses themselves, who are often fearful of speaking their mind due to the consequences (dis-fellowshipping, shunning and derogatory terms used against them).

I think it is very important to explain that this applies to baptised ex JW`s ,( no matter how young they are ) as I have noticed in the past Jw`s use non baptised people showing this to be untrue.Remember they are masters of spin and deception .

Thank you zound , it seems like a good idea

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit