Closest Super Moon of 2013

by crmsicl 8 Replies latest social current

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

TONIGHT FOR JUNE 22, 2013

Full moon falls on June 23, 2013 at 11:32 UTC (6:32 a.m. CDT in the U.S.). Thus, for many, the moon appears about as full in the June 22 evening sky as it does on the evening of June 23. This full moon is not only the closest and largest full moon of the year. It also presents the moon’s closest encounter with Earth for all of 2013. The moon will not be so close again until August, 2014. In other words, it’s not just a supermoon. It’s the closest supermoon of 2013.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh, thank you so much!

Last night at 1 AM I looked out the window and I could see the moon. It was so beautiful. In back of our place (my back yard) there is a high hill with 100 ft trees, and sitting between the trees, right on top of our hill, was the moon. Oh am I so glad I didn't miss it.

Just Lois

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The sky is so beautiful tonight. White clouds and a huge bright moon.

Just Lois

• Simon
    Simon

Argh ... every time there is something like this we get clouds !!

• prologos
    prologos

I happened to be at sea last night and the full moon cast a wide, wwiiddee silver band on the water between the horizon and the railing

We were glad God (if any) did not WAIT TOO LONG to make the universe, so to speak.

• nonjwspouse
  • mP
    mP

Armaggeddoni s coming..Satan is going to crash the moon into the earth!. Just ask Mohammad.

• Simon
    Simon

Great pic

• whathappened
    whathappened

Last night I went in my kitchen and noticed how light it was in there even with the lights all turned off. Didn't know why till I read this post this morning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit