Hi, from Adamah

by adamah 15 Replies latest jw friends

• adamah
    adamah

Hello,

I'm Just stopping in to say "Hi!" to everyone (and is this the right forum? I didn't see a newcomers intro forum, but maybe I missed it). Anyway, I've run across this site over the years when researching JW-related topics (and a special thanks to Leolaia for all the well-researched insights that she's posted over the years).

About me: I was raised in "the truth", but soon figured out that something was rotten in the State of Denmark. I'm now retired, and want to write more articles that may prove helpful to those who are struggling to break free from the JWs.

Along those lines, I've started a new blog to encourage free-thinking, having written a first article on a JW-related topic examining about how both the Sparlock video and Illustrated Bible Story of Lot rely on Ephesians 6, but to come to very different conclusions. Their (ab)use of Ephesians is a classic example of 'eisegesis', forcing the interpretation to fit into some desired doctrinal message vs letting the doctrine arise from the scripture (exegesis).

Here's the article, called "Listen, Obey, Or Be Turned Into a Pillar of Salt":

http://awgue.weebly.com/article-listen-obey-or-be-turned-into-a-pillar-of-salt.html

Rather than post a copy here (is that allowed? If so, I'll post a copy if anyone's interested in reading it here), I provided a link. Your comments are appreciated either here, or over there. I'll be checking in, from time to time (and would appreciate if people point out typos, spelling errors, etc. After all, nobody's human). :)

P.S. I'll be adding more articles in the very near future, within the next day or two.

(I'm currently writing an article about the difference in characterizations of Lot as "righteous" offered in 2nd Peter 2:6-9 vs the actual behavior presented in the Genesis account, which actually reveals that Lot was NEVER intended by readers to be seen as a "righteous" character, but in fact the opposite! I'm also writing another article exploring possible explanations for why Sodom's notorious reputation for inhospitality may have arisen, in the first place).

Thanks!

Adam

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Hi Adam I am fairly new to this site but you just don't seem real to me. I would love to hear your story.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome adamah!

Great article, point, and writing style.

Greetings, blessings, peace and love to you and yours

Fernando

South East Queensland, Australia

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome Adamah from Totally ADD and Reopened Mind in the wilds of PA. Looking forward to more insight from your writings. Totally ADD

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome! I appreciate the insights.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome adamah, Best of wishes helping to awaken JWs with your writings.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Very insightful and balanced. What's your academic background?

• flipper
    flipper

ADAMAH- Welcome to the board and good for you that you want to help people ! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• adamah
    adamah

Hi, and thanks to all for the words of encouragement. I appreciate it, as I also have family members who are still under the influence of the JWs, and we're all working for the same cause.

I'm knee-deep in an ambitious topic that I mentioned above (and it's rapidly growing into a series, as I've bitten off a HUGE topic, with plenty of moving parts; it's just way too much info for readers to digest in only one page). I hope to have the first article posted later today.

The Lot discrepancy may prove useful to those of you with JW family members sitting on the fence, as the discrepancy is GLARING once you re-read Genesis account without being swayed by 2nd Peter's characterization of a "righteous" Lot. Once it's laid out to JWs, it's pretty hard to ignore the evidence (and the benefit of talking to JWs is they're taught to appreciate OT symbolism, and the hints become unmistakeable once it's pointed out to them).

Oh, I need to add a bio to the blog to offer details of my academic background, personal/professional life, etc, but I don't want to get sidetracked from the Lot article right now (gotta strike while the irons hot, and the inspiration hits).

Adam

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Adamah:

Welcome, and I can't wait to hear your story as soon as you can get to it. Take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit