After Much Study, Can You Personally Figure Out The 1914 Dilemma??? (Daniel 7th Chapter)

by bjc2read 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jerusalem actually fell in 529 BCE,

Wrong. Your alternative history is irrational, and requires 'unreliable' records only in the places you 'approve'.

You are not the Messiah. Get professional psychiatric help.

so 1914 is a moot issue.

Correct.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sorry to nit pick, but 1914 is not a "moot" issue at all.

The year 1914 has no support as being significant from anything contained in the Bible.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Phizzy:

The year 1914 has no support as being significant from anything contained in the Bible.

That's kind of the point of the statement that 1914 is moot. At least that's what I meant. Who cares what Lars meant.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Jeffro, my objection to the word "Moot", from the Old English "gemot", Meeting (where affairs of state etc were discussed), suggests that there could be discussion and debate on this point.

There is no 1914 Dilemma as the O.P has it, no discussion is worth it. I am not getting at you Jeffro, I just wish to post statements like my one above for the benefit of new readers on here, such statements on JWN, boldly telling it like it is, helped me awake just a few years ago.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Phizzy:

Jeffro, my objection to the word "Moot", from the Old English "gemot", Meeting (where affairs of state etc were discussed), suggests that there could be discussion and debate on this point.

Yes, I'm aware that the original meaning of the word suggests worthy of discussion. But the modern colloquial use of the word is pretty much the opposite.

It's not moot, it's moot.

• flipper
    flipper

My personal understanding of the book of Daniel since exiting the Jehovah Witnesses about 10 years ago is that Daniel must have been on hallucegenic drugs having dreams about fearsome beasts representing allegedly " governments or kingdoms ". I think he may have been on the same hallucegenic drugs that C.T.. Russell , Rutherford, Fred Franz and the rest of them took called " conjecture and unreality ". There is absolutely no significance to the year 1914 other than that World War 1 started. Just for the sake of history- World War 2 started in 1939 . Also the San Fransisco Giants finally won 2 World Series in 2010 and 2012 - and the world STILL didn't end after that miracle ! I doubt it will end anytime soon as well. I wouldn't worry about dates - they really don't matter- just live your life happily and to the full. My 2 cents. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit