Why is there Evil? Atheist why has Evolution not eliminated it?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 41 Replies latest jw friends

• adamah
    adamah

Hello!

I read something recently about the relativity of evil that puts it pretty well:

To the rodent being eaten alive by a large creature with sharp teeth and nasty claws, a common tabby cat is the living embodiment of pure evil. However, to the farmer who bought the cat to address a rodent problem in his grain stores, the cat is good, doing exactly what he got it to do.

However, it turns out the rodent was actually an endangered species of kangaroo rat, and hence the common cat (and it's owner, who lets the cat loose in a protected area) is evil to the environmentalist, who's trying to prevent an endangered species from becoming extinct.

It's all relative, as one organism's 'evil' is another's 'good' (depending on what criteria is employed).

• mP
    mP

Firstly the concept of "evil" only exists within the minds of humans. Animals, the forces of nature are not evil. Everybody has a different opinion about what is evil. If you asked Paul or Abraham from the Bible if women should have a job or be allowed to have their own money and independence they would consider that evil. I personally consider them evil for having that opinion. I know they lived in a different time and place, but that does not excuse the fact thier standards such as hte one i highlight is evil. I wouldnt invite them into my house because they cannot be trusted and i dont want them infecting my life with their evil.

Evolution is the process of how life changes. Evolution only knows one rule and that is survival of the fittest. It is not a process that has as a goal the process of improved morality or kindess.

I would say its easy to observe that the less religious a country or land and the more it believs in science which iteself accepts evolution the more moral and kinder a place. Before the 1800s when everybody in Europe was religious, the lands were evil. Everybody was a slave, aristocrats could kill and rape their lesser classes at will without impunity. Once England which was freed from religion and more free could evolve and give us the industrial revolution and social change things got better. Kids working, slavery, the vote, demoncracy all came from there. Countries that were deeply religious like Italy and Spain got lost with their Roman Catholicism where the only thing that was allowed was obedience.

France only achived her greatness after the Revolution when the church was removed from power. England achieved her greatness because she was free from Rome at a much earlier stage.

TOday in our modern world, the same exists. THe more religious a country the worse it is. All Islamic countries are religious and they are all terrible places. The Taliban are very religious and look at what a terrible place itis. God has cursed that land. They have no medicine, technology, freedom, and live like beggars.

In the bible the jews never achieved any level of a better life. No technology, social improvement, equality, health or anything. Jehovah never helped once. Instead they were invaded and enslaved. They got nothing from their deal with Jehovah.

God is a curse everywhere he goes he destroys lives, health, freedom and countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit