The Apostle Paul: Control Freak, Delusional, Lawyer, Gets a Following And Forms a Cult

by frankiespeakin 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/prophets.php

Prophets, Apostles, and Mental Illness
    EMAIL THIS PAGE TO A FRIEND
    (Submitted by a reader)

I have kidded for decades about the fact that in my ministerial years I have met at least 23 of the Two Witnesses. One felt he was both of them, thus the odd number.

I remember going with a minister to a home in Idaho once where the woman heard the voice of God often in her head. She had a young baby so the minister asked me to tend to the baby while he talked to her about her visions and voices. The baby had not had a diaper change in a pretty long time, so I took care of that in the kitchen while the minister tried to help her. Seems she was killing chickens on the farm and trying to resurrect them…without much luck. We never made any connection to the danger and I doubt either of us understood the symptoms of schizophrenia, but I do now. After that, I returned to Ambassador for my last year and was reading the LA Times in the lounge before breakfast. My eye fell on a small article about a woman in a small town in Idaho who was found sitting in her car on a Mountain top waiting for Jesus to return. I knew the name. They found the baby dead on the farm. Or should I say, still dead.

Paul in the New Testament fell off a donkey when he heard a voice in his head about giving Jesus a hard time in his old job. He even saw a flash of light in his head, brighter than the sun and it was already noon when this happened! That’s pretty darn bright! When people in the Bible light up, it’s ALWAYS brighter than the sun. You’d think more people would notice. The others either heard the voice but did not see the light, or saw the light but not the voice, stood up, or all fell down depending on the story your read in the Bible. The voice in Paul’s head told him it was time to change jobs and he’d get his vision back from a guy in town if he did what he was told. Today we might say he had all the symptoms of a sunstroke or maybe even temporal lobe epilepsy where voices and flashes are pretty darn common along with an intense sense of morality that others must get in tune with.

Paul went on to write most of the New Testament and continue to tell people nothing about any real Jesus he had ever met. No stories, no miracles, no teachings, nothing about the 12 guys Jesus had to follow him, and I would expect to have passed the teachings on to others. Maybe even write something about Jesus, after all there were 12 of them! But alas, they didn’t much and we have no clue what happened to that bunch. It’s all hearsay. Some say that they were merely a symbol of the twelve signs of the zodiac surrounding the central sun/son, and not real people, but let’s not go there.

Paul spoke volumes about the one who spoke to him in his head and he saw often in visions. When he gave the instructions for eating the body and blood of Jesus, he said very plainly Jesus himself told him about the details of that. Paul never met the real Jesus so I’m pretty sure he meant in vision. When he said, “have I not seen the Lord?” he didn’t mean in person. He meant in his visions. He even took a trip to the third heaven, but said the stuff he saw was too much to share at this time…Hey!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I didn't like Paul when I was a witness, I despise him now.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jesus said Matt.7 " 1Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why behold you the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?"

Paul says 1Cor5,3,:"For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this....12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

Clearly Paul was not in any fashion following Jesus words about judging.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Paul was a control freak. Jesus was mostly a laid back hippie type, content to shmooze w whoever gave him something to eat or drink. He had his outbursts, or course. I'ld choose jesus anyday, over paul or the gb. Not that i'm a christian ... just saying.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

From reading the writtings of Paul one gets the impression that he has a continuous running dialoge with the Lord. Indicating some type of delusion going on that made him pretty dogmatic and opinonated.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Paul was also GAY. Sailing around with all those Romans and cute young Timothy... giving him a "wine for the stomach".

Please. That thorn wasn't in his SIDE.

(lol)

-James

backseatdevil.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit