Jeessuuus Gives up trying to Change Gays

by fulltimestudent 6 Replies latest social current

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Exodus International has been trying to change gays for more than 30 years. They now admit that they cant, and have apologised for the harm they have caused. Exodus created a big industry in so-called 'conversion therapy,' all the time insisting that they were God's instrument for the salvation of gays and that they had had successes. In actual fact, they were NOT God's instrument and they did not have any successes. But, at least they had the balls to admit they were wrong, can't ever imagine our former loving brothers and sisters ever doing that.

You may be able to hear Alan Chambers address on the decision: http://exodusinternational.org/2013/06/watch-alan-manning-chambers-opening-address-at-the-38th-annual-exodus-freedom-conference/

And, here's his statement of apology to same sex attracted men and women.

Web-link: http://exodusinternational.org/2013/06/exodus-intl-president-to-the-gay-community-were-sorry/

Exodus Int'l President to the Gay Community: "We're Sorry"

JUNE 19, 2013 BY EXODUS INTERNATIONAL

Exodus Int'l President to the Gay Community: "We're Sorry"

Leader of 37-year old ministry admits grave errors

Irvine, Calif. (June 19, 2013) - Exodus International, the oldest and largest Christian ministry dealing with faith and homosexuality, issued an apology to the gay community for years of undue suffering and judgment at the hands of the organization and the Church as a whole.

The apology (http://exodusinternational.org/apology) dovetails with the ministry's 38th annual conference in Irvine, Calif. - and the Thursday, June 20, airing of the television broadcast "God & Gays" onOur America with Lisa Ling. On Ling's program, Exodus President,Alan Chambers, sits down with gay and lesbian people hurt by the Church with the goal of reconciliation.

"It is strange to be someone who has both been hurt by the Church's treatment of the LGBTQ community, and also to be someone who must apologize for being part of the very system of ignorance that perpetuated that hurt," said Chambers. "Today it is as if I've just woken up to a greater sense of how painful it is to be a sinner in the hands of an angry church."

Chambers also said:

"I am sorry for the pain and hurt that many of you have experienced. I am sorry some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt when your attractions didn't change. I am sorry we promoted sexual orientation change efforts and reparative theories about sexual orientation that stigmatized parents.

"I am sorry I didn't stand up to people publicly 'on my side' who called you names like sodomite-or worse. I am sorry that I, knowing some of you so well, failed to share publicly that the gay and lesbian people I know were every bit as capable of being amazing parents as the straight people that I know. I am sorry that when I celebrated a person coming to Christ and surrendering their sexuality to Him, I callously celebrated the end of relationships that broke your heart. I am sorry I have communicated that you and your families are less than me and mine.

"More than anything, I am sorry that so many have interpreted this religious rejection by Christians as God's rejection. I am profoundly sorry that many have walked away from their faith and that some have chosen to end their lives.

"You have never been my enemy. I am very sorry that I have been yours. I hope changes in my own life, as well as the ones we announce tonight regarding Exodus International, will bring resolution, and show I am serious in both my regret and offer of friendship. I pledge that future endeavors will be focused on peace and common good."

End-quote.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's a wonderful apology. You'll never see or hear of the bOrg doing that.

• irondork
    irondork

Too little... too late.

Too many lives destroyed. Too much blood dripping from their hands.

• steve2
    steve2

I am staggered. Is there a catch?

• steve2
    steve2

Just kidding...you really do need to change...we just thought it would be nice to give you a small taste of what it feels like to feel validated and supported and treated with respect. Now, get back on your fkg knees and pray for forgiveness you pervert.

• steve2
    steve2

I cannot apologize for my deeply held biblical beliefs about the boundaries I see in scripture surrounding sex, but I will exercise my beliefs with great care and respect for those who do not share them. I cannot apologize for my beliefs about marriage. But I do not have any desire to fight you on your beliefs or the rights that you seek. My beliefs about these things will never again interfere with God’s command to love my neighbor as I love myself.

Ah huh! Thought so. The apology is for the overtly vehement condemnation of homosexuality and use of psychiatry to drill home the message. It is Not for the beliefs that "inspired" the vehemence. .These remain unchanged

I guess if I'm used to crumbs and not eating at the table, a candy-flossed Christianity is better than a howlingly maniacal Christianity. But personally, until you can accept me as your equal - and not just grant that you will let me think I am your equal, you can bugger off and close the door behind you. Thank you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow.

I don't care if he still believes homosexuality is "immoral", that's one of the better apologies I've read from a reformed zealot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit