Opinionated Elders

by toto555 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toto555
    toto555

I've seen many elders over the years instead of using God's word to explain how things really are try to use the bully-pulpit on the platform and try to just bully brothers and sisters into their own selfish opinions and then trying to pass them off as fact. I also here that this goes on further up the chain. What stories do you all have on this? Because from what I've seen it's pretty widespread. I mean I've been in meetings with elders and they don't even pick up their Bible sometimes the whole meeting or if they do they'll mention something and then either twist the scriptures or it won't even relate to what they're talking about.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Elders meetings are all about the letters in the "policy file" so it is hardly surprising that they don't use the bible in counselling the flock.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

oh yeah, like most here, I've seen this first hand. sadly, these type-A personality wankers tend to bully the quieter, weaker elders and quickly find themselves in big positions like Service Committee, Assembly Committee, etc.

I remember one such A-hole, was a MS at the time. Me, him and some other nutjob were all up-and-comers, getting groomed to be the next brass. Both of them were college-educated and wore it on their sleeves like they were gracing us with their brilliance.

This moron came up to me one time and made a comment that "We're the only 3 brothers who've gone to college."

When I told him that in fact I had not had the honor of attending college, he just looked at me and was like "Really???........ oh." Then walked away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit