Question for Believers - Why did god "create" poison ivy, poison toad stools, and marijuana?

by Comatose 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Quiet One
  • Stealth
    Stealth

I've got to get showered and out to drink and gamble today.

Wow, I didn't know that christ was a gambler. I would think christ could beat the house every time.

• sir82
    sir82
    The response does not hold water. Because of other "created" things like Cane toads which kill almost all animals who eat them. Why the need for that protection mechanism if no predators exist?
    Similarly, those plants mentioned above kill and affect animals as well. So, it isn't mans punishment or mans lack of perfection. It's poison and it kills. He made plants that kills animals too.

Playing along.....

Evidently it was God's will, and it was "good", that anmals kill and eat one another. However, since man was created in God's image, he would have had nothing to fear from predators.

Evidently in the new system, God will change the digestive systems, teeth, etc, of all animals such that they will all live in peace.

Evidently you lack faith in Jehovah's abilities, brother. Would you care to join Brother Smug and myself in the library for a few minutes, brother?

• Comatose
    Comatose

lol - yeah it's why I post here and don't talk about reality.

It just seems so obvious. Why can't everyone see it? Also interesting is that not one believer replied to the question. I don't know if it is because they have no answer or because they are tired of discussing?

If god created things perfectly and saw they were good then why would he change it later so that snakes ate dirt and lions ate straw???

• talesin
    talesin

Coma... I hear you on the poison stuff, but if there was a G*d (I'm an atheist) , it would tell you that maryjane is not poison, it is a healing and beneficial herb ... please don't diss the herb by putting it in the same category as things that are harmful!

xo

tal

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Lars - 'I had been living as a woman before that'

? Are you not a woman anymore?

• designs
    designs

If you lick the magic toad you see god and then you die.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Marijuana should not be in your list.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

From the movie, "Creation" (about how "The Origin of Species" came to be written):

[Charles Darwin]: "You know, I was remarking only the other day, how he [God] has endowed us in all of his blessed generosity with not one but nine-hundred species of intestinal worm, each with its own unique method of infiltrating the mucosa and burrowing through to the bloodstream. And on the love that he shows for butterflies by inventing a wasp that lays its eggs inside the living flesh of caterpillars. "

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

....and where did diseases come from? humans and animals suffer painful and cruel ailments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit