What is your favorite kind of cheese?

by Iamallcool 48 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

I like my cheese rather dull than sharp tee hee hee

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Expensive, unless you happen to be lucky enough to have a Costco membership, then it is just around $6 per pound.

$6.00 a pound you say, then I won't give you a fatal heart attack and tell you prices of "artisanal" cheeses here in the city, if you want a cheese made of raw milk, naturally made then $6.00 will get you a quarter pound wedge or almost a half pound. Have to say though, the saying "you get what you pay for" applies, at the farmers market the other day, I just a half pound wedge for .. . no, won't tell you, but the taste is sooooo worth it

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    $6.00 a pound you say, then I won't give you a fatal heart attack and tell you prices of "artisanal" cheeses here in the city, if you want a cheese made of raw milk, naturally made then $6.00 will get you a quarter pound wedge or almost a half pound. Have to say though, the saying "you get what you pay for" applies, at the farmers market the other day, I just a half pound wedge for .. . no, won't tell you, but the taste is sooooo worth it

If you buy Dubliner at the regular grocery, you'll get 6 oz for about $7. Costco has the best prices on cheese.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Pepered and salted cheese. I have them right now in them refregerator

Scott77

• rover
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Buffalo Mozzarella is kind of pricy. It has a really short shelf life too so you better use it quick! It is used in a lot of Italian dishes. It is normally just called Fresh Mozzarella. I think it's about $10 a pound.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I get most of my cheeses at Costco it is way cheaper, same brands, but larger sizes. I just freeze some. You can get Dubliners, Pt. Reyes Blue, Machengo and a lot more. I'll never forget the first time my husband came home with $15 dollar a pound Machengo, I was shocked anyone would pay that much for cheese, but he didn't care, he loves his cheese. At least at Costco it's not so expensive.

We went to a restaurant that made their own fresh mozzarella. They served it still warm with toasted bread, prosciutto and arugula dressed in oil and vinegar. Heaven.

• Glander
    Glander

We have been through a few pounds of Dubliner since we discovered how creamy & tangy it is.

We have visited the Tillamook creamery on the Oregon coast a few times. They make some really delicious white and yellow cheeses on the 'sharp' side. The dairy farms literally surround the plant.

I guess it is no coincidence there are also couple of well known jerky brands mfg plants nearby.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Any cheese that's cut in a crowded elevator.

Good times, good times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit