MAN is a late arrival--why blame him for everything?

by Terry 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Almost every Watchtower publication we've ever seen begins in the Garden of Eden.

We are told the Earth was created for man. We are told man was given a Paradise and that his disobedience introduced to the world sin and death. Man ruined the wonderful, gentle and peaceful plan of God.

That is the story we are told. But, wait!

Let us subtract man from the consideration of how things were on Earth by going pre-history and looking at the pre-sin, pre-Fall of Man situation in nature. Before man, before the Fall you would have Earth unsullied by Satan and disobedience and pretty much things would be under the exact nature of what God had created. Right, are you with me?

Okay, what do we find there?

Rampant competition between species locked in a life or death struggle for survival; that is what we find. Weapons and defenses are everywhere evident in thorns, thistles, poisons and such in plants to horns, fangs, claws, armour-plating and venom in animals. Are you willing to look at this NATURAL situation and give your concept of God a big THUMB'S UP?

IS MAN'S SIN the "cause" of a chaos of fang and claw, blood and death?

How long did this eat or be eaten scenario continue? What has science revealed about the length of this godly creation BEFORE man?

We are talking a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Millions and millions of years.

Are you willing to say all this competition, this struggle, this orgy of eating, fighting, struggling, swallowing, ripping and bleeding confirms your demand that a GOD is behind the design? What sort of God is this?

Is it any wonder no religious person I've ever met will face this and discuss it without instantly dismissing it and turning a blind eye?

The idea of a sweet, loving, benign Creator who created Earth just for man DOES NOT SQUARE with millions and millions of years of kill or be killed survival of the fittest plant and animal existence. No way.

You have to account for the facts. Even the myth of Genesis doesn't account for the facts. It tries mightily to introduce conflict as the fault of man. But, the Bible writers simply did not know about prehistory and the fossil evidence of countless generations of devoured meat and digested living matter that had come and gone a billion times before they sat down to concoct their tale of the Garden of Paradise and man's inept and insane behavior.

Nope, if you are going to insist there is an intelligent design behind Earth, you have to account for the truth of the evidence, the whole truth of the evidence and nothing but the truth of the evidence. Death, fear, deception, struggle, bloodshed and chaos were all about life in its very nature from the get-go. Man is a late-arrival. You can't blame him for everything. Let's take 2 gardens and look at them. The first garden has a gardener and the second garden has NONE. After the passing of time what would you expect the chaotic overgrown garden to have had? Surely, not a gardener.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Well put Terry

Many years ago I said on eWatchman that nature or the food chain was red in tooth & claw LONG BEFORE man arrived on the scene & had my knuckles wrapped by some contributors to the forum.

I do not understand why if we were created by the god of the bible with a brain that craves knowledge & understanding of facts & things seen in the fossil record that this same god then condemns humans for not finding the story of Eden plausible.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

I find the idea of evolution hard to disqualify when you look at it objectively and the evidence. I always have, even being brought up in the "Truth" LOL it was hard to believe for me at least in intelligent design. Thats what made my exit from this cult inevitable.

My Father went to his grave thinking the world was only about 7000 years old. Just would'nt contemplate anything else. Its kind of strange (from a human perspective) how evolution plays games with life. My genetic make up and life experiance drove me out of this cult as much as some one elses brings them into it. From a human perspective some might try to explain it as gods will, I just see it as a roll of the dice and survival of the fittest.

• startingover
    startingover

Very good Terry! Thanks

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Terry, You are soaring with your posts. Humans are the scapegoat of the animal world. Blame the fish. If need be, blame the family dog. It reveals much about humans. What other animal has shame and guilt.

• Terry
    Terry

If you can get people to believe they are doomed sinners you can offer a doctrine of "salvation."

JW's must first convince people they are wretched.

Undermining humanity is their chief pursuit.

The hub of all Watchtower theology is how awful, corrupt and chaotic humanity is.

Then, they peddle their own quack medicine.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Sadly, it seems so true of so much religious thought. Perhaps the religous guilt is some sort of evolutionary parasite that no longer serves any useful purpose.

• Terry
    Terry

Failure to think is an operator's error!

Lazy habits and poor peer group influence.

I have heard young people say out loud, "I hate reading."

Well, there goes civilization!!

• prologos
    prologos

Great story and picture. of course we actually can blame the last smart animal,

the talking snake.

• Terry
    Terry

Ahhh yes, the talking serpent with legs and feet!

Eating dust, no less, after being condemned as a quadraplegic.

The articulation of the serpent's musculature presumably included the aility to move from place to place w/o legs as a special creation bonus--otherwise--the story would seem to be a mythical concoction:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit