I need some help please! What are the questions for DF'ing

by Gojira_101 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

Do what works for you Gojira! Different strokes for different folks.

“There is never a successful fade because to me even if you fade, you are still tied to WT, and WT then will still have some control over you.

Honestly, I think fading is about attitude!
    There are so many successful fader stories on JWN that it encouraged me to fade instead of DA/DF. I will not give them the power to read my name out in the KH and label me, period! Took me a while to grasp that concept because my brain was fried from escaping, but I realized it meant I had the control.

I have been fading for about 5 years… actively for 2. One day I won’t be a fader…it could happen any day that I am just some regular person. There are times when I feel like I quit the organization cold turkey. Was there one day and next: POOF! Gone. The only ties I have are the family members and a few friends who STILL talk to me. The WTBS no longer has control over me, because I chose not to give it to them. I have treated this whole event as if it’s no big deal. You can leave and never look back. I still have elders who are friends call to check on me. I no longer communicate with them. I also made a clear statement to one of them that I was going to live my life the way I choose and “you guys” need to leave me alone. They know I am no longer a part of that.

I am living my life doing what I want… openly…slowly allowing my family/friends to get used to this new reality. I don’t bother those people and they don’t bother me. If ever they chose to interfere in MY LIFE, I already know I will blast their a**es to Kingdom Come. The WTBS only has as much control as you give them.

Unless you plan on pulling a “Ray Publisher” and you want to show them how inept they are, and you control that scenario by all means, DA.

I say if you DA, go out with a bang, baby! Make it big!!!

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Gojira:

I'm not sure what the questions are because I never gave the elders a chance to talk to me. I just sent them a letter to DA me from the Org.

So to each their own way of doing things> I just did it that way because I didn't want anymore dealings with them. So you do whats best for you.

We send our love your way. Take care of yourself.

Adventurousone

• flipper
    flipper

GOJIRA- It just depends on what each individual wants to do in regards to their own personal situation. For some who may not have the need to connect with any more JW family since all their JW family is out of the Witnesses anyway- getting DFed or dissassociating may be the way to go, more power to 'em. For those of us who still have a sizeable amount of JW family still in that we need to keep in touch with ( i.e. my 88 & 86 yr.old JW parents ) fading has been the better choice for me personally.

One thing I'll mention that I did when elders tried questioning me on my " apostate leanings " is I gave them a different source from where I was getting my information about WT corruption. Back in 2007 the elders tried questioning me on how I knew there were out of court child abuse settlements here in California against the WT Society. The question they asked me in these exact words were, " Br. Flipper , have you been reading apostate websites that told you about the child abuse lawsuits against the WT Society ? " I told them, " No, not at all. I found out about the child abuse lawsuits from the Associated press news releases in the newspapers ". That shut them up completely on THAT subject as they saw I got my information from the objective news reports. They had nothing to pin apostat on me then.

I've faded for almost 10 years and my parents still associate with me. My two adult JW daughters have shunned me for 10 years anyway- so like SSPO says even if we fade- we still get treated by SOME JW fanatics like we are DFed anyway. So sometimes there really is no advantage of one way or the other in some cases depending on how psycho the JW's are you are dealing with in your area. So- all I'm saying is there are a lot of variables to consider and it comes down to what works best for you individually. I wish you the best no matter WHAT way you decide. We will be here and be your friends no matter what

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit