JW Middle Schoolers vs Non JW Middle Schoolers - what was your middle/high school experience?

by Julia Orwell 35 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I think the kids would get in serious trouble if they tried to start a basketball game during intermission at an assembly. It just would not be allowed. I'm sure they play games, like any other kid their age, at other times.

I was bullied in middle school and horribly shy. It was the worst time in my life.

There are Witness kids that adjusted well in school.but they were considered to live a double life.

I kept to myself in school. But,at the time,I really didn't care,because I had a group of friends at the hall. And we would get together with ones from other halls.

It seemed liked years back,they did more things for the younger ones. There were more congregation picnics,and skating and bowling parties. Now,it seems not so much,unless some parents get together and plan a smaller one.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Here the kids in the congregation 13 years and older are expected to act like adults but treated like they're as silly as little children. The WT seems to think teenagers are like 5 year olds, incapable of making decisions and needing constant watching.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Does it strike any of you as WIERD that a 13 year old witless who refuses blood and dies, is old enough to make his "own " decision, yet a 13 year old who tells his parents the "trooof sucks and he doesnt want it" will be pressurised and bullied, and shunned if he got baptised earlier?

HB

• diana netherton
    diana netherton
    Middle school was absolute hell for me. I was teased and picked on and harassed walking home by others. Of course it didn't help that I was rather chubby and we were extremely poor so my clothing was pretty dire. I wanted to fit in but knew that I wouldn't be able to. I kept quiet mostly. High school was a bit better. I put my foot down and demanded that I be allowed to join the drama club. Performing was my happiness. I refused to join the ministerial school and give "talks" though. Got some flack for that. I wanted to barf every time there was a "talk."
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    My middle school experience: I was picked on constantly. It was bad on my self-esteem to be sure and effects me to this day.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Julia Orwell asked, "...I was not raised JW and would like to hear from those of you who were, commenting on my observations and including your own experiences."

I was a bit gifted academically, winning a second-grade spelling bee (winning a prize! YAY!) and a school-wide general science exam in Junior High School for which I received a small medal. I was a candidate for the entrance exam for the Bronx High School of Science (I failed the math portion of the test).

As Jim_TX said, "No dating. No girlfriends. Nothing." In one of my sophmore HS classes, there was this REALLY pretty girl with long dark red hair who invited me to sit near her. She moved so that her hair brushed over my face. "You smell like CIGARETTES!" I said. Our brief affair was over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit