Just curiuos

by newsheep 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• newsheep
    newsheep

Has anyone here looked into or became part of the Messianic movement? The conections they make between the old and new testaments are really interesting. The changes supposedly made by Christ are shown to be clarifications of what the original intent of the law was and in no way were they to be changed. It does say don't take away or add. Why would we assume that Christ did just that?

• Fernando
    Fernando

I'm wondering what was the "original intent of the law" according to the "Messianic movement"?

• *lost*
    *lost*

Newsheep, can you give the site details, I would be interested to have a read.

thanks

• label licker
    label licker

The feasts, festivals and sabbaths is what opened my eyes. Jesus kept them right up till his death and the others kept them right to the end. Look at when Mary had to get ready for the sabbath after Jesus died. If Jesus had done away with it then why did she and the others keep it. How in Zechariah chapter 14 states we will be keeping the festival of booths in the millinium. Why was Paul keeping feasts(Acts 18:20,21) years later and yet society takes one whole sentence out of their NWT to suit their doctrine. Then they say that he probable had made a vow and had to keep it before becoming a christian. Ok, but this was done roughly fifteen years later. He was keeping it yearly. Are we allowed to celebrate Christmas after becoming JWs saying that we had to keep it for we had made it a vow before we came into the religion. What would society say to that excuse?

Why through out the OT Yehovah is telling them to keep HIS apppointed times throughout the generations to TIME INDEFINITE. Didn't the word time indefinite have the same meaning when Yehovah said that was his name to time indefinite? The greek scriptures show Jesus doing it. Jesus came to teach. The people were going beyond what Yehovah's laws stated and adding to them, making them burdensome like ALL religions today.

When I started learning the feasts, festivals and sabbaths then you see how the seven trumpets come into play. They are all intertwined with deep meanings that are easy to understand. But when your told the seven trumpets represent jw conventions, umm, DUH! Yet society never touched on that aspect of teaching. How sad. I guess they couldn't write that in to somehow worshiping them. God forbid if they were to keep the sabbath( from Friday sundown to Sat sundown) which was spending a whole day relaxing with your family and worshiping him but instead get out on Sat and peddle their crap is more important. Yehovah didn't make it burdensome but man did!

• newsheep
    newsheep

From what I've read the original intent was so everyone could have the opportunity of knowing what they had to do to please God. It didn't matter whwere you came from if you kept or keep those laws He is more than willing to have you as part of his people. An example would be the Egyptians that left Egypt with them. They are never mentioned as a seperate people after that as far as I'm aware. So they must have followed Gods laws from that point on.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thanks newsheep.

label licker, can you share more about the seven trumpets?

Blessings

Fernando

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit