Generation clarification

by zound 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

It's really absurd as they appear to continue to promise the first round of non anointed eternal life when they clearly have passed away so in no way can be part of the GC generation . The WW1 generation is now non existent for the most part and the ones capable of seeing the sign of christ certainly are gone . I don't know why they don't just admit they were wrong and clarification of the dogma is pointless . THEY LIED ...

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

They will never admit that 1914 is wrong. It is so ingrained within their basic teachings. The stupid new generation explanation buys the GB time for them all to die and another younger GB group will be responsible to re-explain this.

• heathen
    heathen

I am not against the date 1914 . Mathew 24 does talk about world war as one of the signs of christs presence , nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, since then more people have died of starvation . The 4 horsemen wreaking havock , of which they can't seem to get a handle on that one either . They need to give up on their understanding of the 2 folds of sheep because the first wave was supposed to be the saints refining the word which were the scorpion tailed locusts who supposedly got appointed in 1918 then there is the snake tailed calvary comes after . The 2 folds of sheep was about the gentiles being granted access to GOD as equals .IMO

• wasblind
    wasblind

Now you and I know that generation does NOT usually refer to overlapping lives (just open a dictionary) - but is there something I am missing here? Did they expand on where they got this reasoning from or is this one sentence it?

Any basis whatsoever for that statement?______Zound

The reason the WTS definition differs from the dictionary

is because what they stated in the past

Was a lie. A big lie. And nothin' but a lie

And when this false prophecy didn't look like it was gonna come to past

They had to not only twist scripture but the dictionary too

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I wrote to The Society when the 'generation revision' was printed . I asked which dictionary gave their viewpoint. The replied saying [extract]:

"As you realize, dictionaries give a variety of definitions to the word generation. ..The New Brown-Driver -Briggs-Gesenius Hebrew and English Lexicon pg 189,190 gives a second definition to the Hebrew word dohr : "Of men living at a particular time (period age) generation as transitory..a in the present and(or) in the past . eg Exodus 1.6 "

I did not see how that helped any, particularly since the Greek Scriptures were written in .....Greek not Hebrew

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that's a bait and switch answer if ever I heard one . Blues brother. rather than just admit to a lie they have to dig up some meaning to a word that doesn't even come from the same language . Their belief is that if their intentions helped spread the word and get people excited and interested in being a jDUb then it wasn't a lie , it was a means to an end.LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit