Week of worry

by gma-tired2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

My husband and I have had a long week worrying we would lose our niece, and yes the blood issue was very much part of the problem. It is new to us to actually have the blood issue affect our family, but it really makes you think. We would have immediately given her blood, but she and husband are still JWs. It looks as of today she has a chance of surviving because they pinpointed the infection, which now has her body fighting the infection. She had a lot of blood loss due to emergency surgery, (new baby) but the Drs didnt have a clue what was interferring with her recovery until the finally found an unrelated infection. We have a family that is a mixture of active, inactive, faders and DFd so this has been a week where at least some of us are still in communication. We love her and wish her a speedy recovery.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Best wishes for your niece and I'm sorry the stupid blood doctrine was an extra stressor for you.

• whathappened
    whathappened

What a shame that what should have been the highlight of this young couples lives turned so scary. Hope they will all get through this.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"...the Drs didnt have a clue what was interferring with her recovery..."

It's a really good thing that there are doctors with "higher education" that are willing to respect JW beliefs. Although JWs claim to be "pioneers in bloodless surgery," it's really all the hardworking and caring "worldly" doctors and nurses that make bloodless medicine a reality. It's a pity that the only way JWs can think of rewarding these caring people is by offering them a colorful magazine that promises that rocks will be smashing their nonJW skulls into hamburger... very soon now.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Thank you everyone. As of last night none of the Elders have even been to the hospital. These two young people are active in the congregation. No one from the Blood Liason has even been there. Neices mom has been there every step with them even though she is DFd. She is the one taking care of the other children, and sad the rest of us are unable to be there as we live in other states. Maybe they will start to question TTATT. Without family life gets harder.

• flipper
    flipper

GMATIRED-2- I'm so glad your niece has you and your husband to support her . With JW family sometimes all they get is conditional support from JW family - whereas we would gladly support them if they needed or took a blood transfusion. My wife and I send our best wishes to you and your niece on hopefully better health very soon. Hang in there. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Gayle
    Gayle

No one from the Blood Liason has even been there.

That is strange. isn't it? No elders either? The nieces mom (tho DF'd) is there and obviously that is the young couples wishes. Sounds like the couple doesn't want any JWs in cong. around? Hmmm.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I am glad your little relative is well and I wish her the best xx

Doctors can't see through skin, can't see cellular activity, they are restricted by risks in what investigations to order and which treatments to take. Thankfully they exist, and thankfully its 2013 in the west so they were in that room. That doctor will have a minimum of 15 years hard work and training just to be allowed to stand there and give that advice and carry that responsibility...... It works too...they saved the baby.

Certainly they had more to offer that family and the baby than the qualifications that allows a man to become an elder. Door knocking, unquestionable loyalty and never daring to open the mind or mouth...apart from "try praying, read your bible, come back to the meetings."

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I'm glad the HLC and elders etc were not there, those guys have no place in a neonatal intensive care unit. "What about Cow's blood?"

• Mum
    Mum

Sorry, Gayle, I think it sounds like the elders and others are afraid the DF'd new grandma might be about, and they don't want to bump into her. Or it could be that they just don't give a damn!

Anyway, gma, I'm glad everyone has made it through so far. Best wishes for your niece's full recovery and enjoyment of motherhood.

My congratulations to the new parents!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit