Fathers Day, not sure what to do

by BreathoftheIndianNose 7 Replies latest jw friends

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

So looking for some advice here. My dad wants nothing to do with me, doesn't reply to my emails, and

told me that I'm never welcome to his house ever again because he wants to protect "his family" from me. He also,

like most JWs, has never observed Father's Day. So here's my question. Should I even bother sending him

a Father's Day email? It might make his day worse, and most certainly will make me feel like shit. I'm

kind of conflicted. It's hard to know how to act in such rediculous situations.

Thanks everyone,

nose

• whathappened
    whathappened

What would make you happy? Would you feel better sending him a loving short note? The note may make him feel bad, but may awaken the reality of the gross sacrifices he is making to appease the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, who don't care how much pain and suffering their followers have to bear.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

JW can be so harsh!

Write the best love letter he will ever recieve.

Hello Dad:

I remember when I was 10years old and you

Make it loving and something you both shared

Express how loving Jehovah was by sending his son to give hope to the world.

Although, you think I am a bad role model for my siblings right now.

Dad I love you and thank you for being a loving father.

I am sure you can do better than me because my spelling sucks!

He will probably frame it.

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

Hi well i am in the same situation today, something so simple as telling your dad you love him on a special day becomes so complicated in the Jdubs world.

my dad changed his phone number so i cant contact him but, even though its a special day for me they don't care, if they were to find out im celebrating it they would probably have a heart attack lol . do what you feel is right but if you contact him maybe don't say "happy fathers day" just say how you are thinking of him and that you miss and love him....just my 2 cents

love & peace

OOTLD

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I like SARAHSMILE's idea of a note rather than a Father's Day card.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Nose, he may be deleting your emails unread.

There is no winning with this situation.....your father is hard core unless he's an Elder........ then self serving would be my guess.

Since your conflicted A note to someone else in the family might be a better option. Not everyone may feel as stern as your father.

'Hi just a quick note to let everyone know I am alive and well and happy. I do miss you guys and hope that if there is a family emergency someone will email me.'

However I would not go the route of 'remember when'. He may read into that the shunning is getting to you and double down.

Sorry you have to deal with this. If you did a 'My Story' thread please send us the link.

Thanks,

Gio

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Thanks everyone. Sorry outofthelionsden, it sux that you have to go through the same bullshit i have gone through. I wouldnt wish it on anyone. All good ideas here and I think I'll just have to feel it out. My dads and elder, moms a pioneer, and only sibling is a pioneer as well. They never respond to my emails so its hard to say weather or not they even read them. But who knows. I'm kind of on a positive role right now in my life so I dont want to derail it with anymore emotional turmoil.

Nose

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like you know what you want to do. You need to learn to trust yourself.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit