'We are all scallywags, but God loves us anyway' - My story

by Laika 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Reading the Prodigal Son account without "Watchtower glasses" on is what did it for me, too. I enjoyed hearing your story, thank you for sharing it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thats interesting Laika, thanks for your insights, you have a PM.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I liked your story ... you are a good writer, you should write a book.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting experience. I doubted I would survive Armageddon too.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Laika, Good story bro.

Yeah. They fooled you.

Get on with your life.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well it must feel good to come clean and get it all off your chest, you are honest now, and it feel's good doesn't it? Sam xx

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

This is the post that has touched me the most. Like you I'm still in. But I've finally removed the guilt. Life is so much better. I've been helping my friends and family learn to live without guilt by focusing only on their personal relationship with a loving God. I ask them for example, "Does God care more about whether or not you went in FS on a holiday than he cares about you showing love?" None of Jesus commands included meticulous hour counting, meeting attendance and RBC projects to prove faith.

• Laika
    Laika

I'm happy I could help you kneehighmiah. This thread was originally written 5 months ago and I left shortly after. Freedom is good and I wish you all the best with your family. :)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

your story made me feel sad that the identity of such honest words need to be hidden in secrecy. But that is what this site is about, so many different stories, some more heartbreaking than others by most hidding our identity. That is the thing that bugs me that this organisation makes people woth really noble charactors hide their identity.

I feel like writting my name is Mike ...... from .......... congregation. But if i were to do that i think i would have a cold winter.

So with my curtains drawn let me say much of our story is similar Lalika, we both turned down " the privalige" of M.S status as we no longer belived.And that event opend my eyes wide. I think i also had a charactor like your dad,and occasionaily let slip my true feelings only to wake in the morning and forget i thought that way.

Anycase what is important is we realized it was all fake and left. So why make future episodes of our life bad by hurting friendships and family when we can walk away with those relationships still in tact.

In fact secrecy made the opportunity of escape for me possible. And as for how i am now it was the best thing i ever did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit