1914 gone??

by Crazyguy 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Londo111
    Londo111

If the Watchtower dropped 1914 as a significant year, then it would be a blow to their Authority. If Christ did not return in 1914, he did not appoint the Governing Body to be the Slave in 1919. If he did not appoint a Slave in 1919, what would be the basis for the Watchtower’s absolute Authority?

However, the numbers give me pause. Maybe they want to distance themselves from 1914 as 2014 approaches, but they are caught in a theological conundrum.

These doctrines are designed by committee, which is most likely why this “new light” makes so little sense and seems a hodgepodge.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I want to see them swing this dead cat by the tail... if 1914 goes, then WHEN did JayCee "select" them from out of Christendom?

WHEN did they "receive authority over all his belongings"?

This is going to take some fast double-talking and pretzel logic, even if the majority of the marching morons don't know what's going on.

• processor
  • steve2
    steve2

With the passing of each year, the Witnesses hammer1914 with ever- softer confidence. In less than a decade's time they will put the damn hammer away and simply tap 1914 very, very lightly - such is the baby-faced mentality of those who cling to supposedly "Scriptural" dates of significance.Meanwhile, next year expect a stomach-full of JW-defensiveness and sideways shoe-shuffling, as the allies ceremoniously mark the 100th year of the start of World War One. It's bye, bye hammer, hello soft-shoe shuffle.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

anything, and everything in this cult is subject to review, restructure, and removal. I remember how much attention Russell got whe I was studying in the late 80's. Now he's just a guy with some good ideas that were not inspired. The GB will draw on some obscure scriptual referance, and tie it in. Evidently, this is how Jah talks to humans. By getting it entirely wrong, and then correcting it through 8 crazy guys in an ivory tower in NY

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Watchtower pyramid Jehovah's Witnesses 1914 date is a carry over of William Millers Adventist 1844 'great disappointment' end times with the same illustrated prophecies of Daniel and the JW twist is Charles T Russel added pyramidology into the mix. My old time JW grandfather talked about the pyramids often so there are eyewitness to all the WT bunk.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

The JW refrain-Jehovah is the true God and he is using this (Watchtower) organization.

No matter what we will be loyal to his annointed....

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Back in the 1960's during the "Truth" book campaigns 1914 was all we ever talked about.

The centerpiece of that "Truth" book was the 2 page spread of 1914 chart..

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Truth book chart

This is from the above mentioned "Truth" book The truth that leads to eternal life book

Thank you JWfacts

I used to build my sermon wrapped around this image,we all did....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit