I know this sounds crazy but, what if?

by earthfire 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

could you imagine the GB calling the witlesses to arm?

• Violia
    Violia

I know they have always said this however this was before they have made the GB the mediator for most of us, basically the Catholic church. I know it may seem far-fetched but I have known jws who were willing to hide bodies for "mother". They weren't fringe jws, either.Isn't that what they do when they protect elders etc who have committed sexual crimes? Or if they refuse to offer aide to an apostate, possibly family, what is that?

• jam
    jam

Is there any comparison in what JW,s are doing and that

of Adolf Hitler. A whole country turn against their Jewish

country men. How was this accomplished, by indoctrinating

the young at an early age, a slow process of dehumanizing

the Jews. By the time those young people(German) were adults,

they hated the Jews. I can see it in the eyes of my grandkids lately.

All in Germany did not embrace Hitler,s hatred toward the Jews, but

the majority did.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It would hurt their business model to literally carry this out. The murderer's estate could be subject to litigation and legal costs, leaving the Watchtower out in the cold.

However, if one figuratively kills apostates, as by character assasination, some of them would be disinherited and the Watchtower would get those estates.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Wow Rebel you really found a WT.

Can you imagine young baptized JW reading this article for the first time in 1952.

They just lived through world war 2, survived the great depression, believed in a better hope for mankind, paradise life for the future children, and practice no more wars!

Became baptized, settled down, and had children then a Wt like this one comes out! POW!

It had to put the fear in them because they were already baptized. What are you going to do walk away! Most of those people lived through fear then to be threaten by their own religion. That really had some influence on our older parents. I bet young JW believed it could happen because they saw all the hate groups. Also, people want to be on the winning side,JW org, thinking they would die apostate. Many JW and a few apostate.

No wonder so many older people are full of offear and drama when their children leave. Apostate means some day they could be killed if they walk away. Many probablybdo not know where their fears come from. Thank God for laws of the land because the WTBTS seems to have an on going hate campaign. Who would guess it.

And to think I was just going to write that it is a crazy thought because JW would not hurt anyone nor do they teach revenge.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Anything is possible with man, as history shows.

Logic doesn't come into it.

WT has made it's millions. Has nothing to lose, as long as the money is 'safe'.

Look at 1975, the total control and power over people.

• wokeup
    wokeup

I don't think it's too far a stretch. These men feel they are administering God's visible representation

of the kingdom here on earth via th WBTS. Second, they believe they are not only heaven bound but will come down

at Armageddon and SLAY every man, woman and child that did not put faith in their words and

disseminate religious periodicals unwaveringly.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Do we not see other religions killing people and doing heinous things in front of our very eyes in this day and age ?

Countries are even at war, people are dying everday, why would it be so absurd to think jehovists are not capable of going down the same path ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

In the current western society and legal system I cannot see this happening.

Yes. I could see some uber-zealous weirdo JWs being capable of murder but the WBT$ would wash their hands of them.

If the GB imposed death for 'apostates(TM)' they'd get shut down. They can't risk losing the cash and power.

They kill by shunning and putting the JWs in a mental compound.

I believe the paedophile loving GB are not ready to commit financial suicide......or kool aid suicide come to that. They love their materialistic cushy lifestyle too much and all the power and worship it brings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit