in the Watchtower , they can't even be ushers,

and serve no purpose except to do "time"

Even though Jesus said "You are neither male not female,

but you are all one in the Christ"

Jesus had religious discussions with women

one on one. In the WT women are supposed to

talk through their husbands, be in subjection,

even though this subjection- domination thing

was NOT the way Jehovah created man and woman.

Man dominating women was a CURSE. It was part of the curse.

Read Genesis. There was no domination or subjection

before the curse. The CURSE WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS that is

what the Bible says. The curse was done away with, Christ reconcilled

us back to God. So no more curse, READ the Bible.

The argument that women was created "last" only proved

that she was the pinnicale of creation since it went from

plants, to animals, to man, to woman. Creation went UPWARD.

The fact woman was taken from Adam's rib did not mean

subjection, it meant oneness, the same kind,

the unity of male and female.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

One CO invited me witnessing with him cuz he heard I was a bit down, and I'll never forget it because little ol me had never been noticed by COs cuz I wasn't a,pioneer or wife of someone, no Jw family, never could have them round for meal cuz I lived with non Jw parents. I was amazed that when we were introduced he asked me to go with him and said, 'really? But I'm not one of the important people.'

He said, 'you are an important person!' He was so lovely. We had a good morning out, chatting. He was just an average bloke, had been a baker by trade. I'd been 6 years a Jw and first time a co paid me any attention. Others were aloof, one was hardcore and I used to challenge him after his talks, but he was always nice and had time. I find the ones around here are pretty decent.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have met one CO and his wife who I believe were Christians.

I lost track of them after I rejected the FDS but pray that they both are out.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Whatever happened to the 'favourite uncle' type CO (Circuit Servant in those days)?

As an elder I'd say 99% of the CO's I met were power tripping filth.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Most that I met in over five decades were first of all Company Men. Beyond that some were pretty good guys, quite avuncular, usually towing along a slightly eccentric wife.

I never feared them or overly respected them, which always had me marked as a rebel and a nuisance, from my teenage years I used to challenge them on various things.

I used to laugh at the brown-noses, and would do nothing that seemed to smack of that, I remember being invited in my early twenties to share a meal with the C.O and some other Bros and Sisters that were involved, like me and Mrs Phizzy, in some pre-assembly stuff, we declined and went for a Curry and some beers to enjoy our own company, not that of the sycophants. (One guy turned up just for the grub, he hadn't done any work, but wanted to be near the C.O , Yuk !)

A Sister told me later that the C.O was "surprised" we did not go. He was actually a decent guy, with a great sense of humour, and his wife was lovely, they stayed in our home about a year later, it was just the crawlers we hated to watch.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

There was one CO that was decent. He came to visit us (my mum is sick & in a wheel chair) & I had stared missing meetings at that time coz of the bad treatment from the elders and others in the cong. Both my mum & I were able to freely express the pain & hurt they had caused us and which he was so discusted in the 'lack of love' they showed to us. It actually bought tears to his eyes, hearing what we had put up with over the years. He gave our elders a dressing down & also told me that he had warned them that they (the elders) had to change otherwise 'heads would roll'. He had kids that were disfellowshipped and seemed to to be so understanding. He invited me to the Sunday meeting and asked me to sit with him & his wife as i hated sitting on my own. It was the first time in the 10 years of being in that congregation that so many ppl came & spoke with me. I was literally surrounded by them all trying to welcome me (obviously trying to impress the CO). They treated us well after that - for about a month - I guess old habits die hard. I saw him a couple years later at the DA. I was inactive for a while by this stage. He asked me 'how things are going?' I told him it wasn't going well and that if it wasn't for a close friend, I wouldn't be here. I tried to explain to him what was going on & how I was struggling to cope & he didn't want to know. It was like he was no longer interested. I guess even those that set out to do good either change or step down. I think he was one of those that changed... For worse...

• jam
    jam

A humble CO. This happen in the missionary work.

We were in the van my wife, CO and his wife and another

elder and wife.. My wife had just gave birth to our son (two weeks old),

the CO ask to hold him, he open the blanket and my son squirted

him right in the face. We all laugh and someone said, I bet that never

happen before to a CO.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Long ago I was at an assembly around Baltimore, just visiting. I don't remember his name, but it was a DO, a black brother. He was during his talk, talking about family bible study and problems with his kids not wanting to join in. He said something about how his son tried to make an excuse and he said, "boy you better get yo ass in here". And the entire audience was WIDE EYES, a DO said 'ass' on stage, and who was going to say anything to the big shot haha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit