Using the 'Health Card' to buy time

by *lost* 5 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

Viruses, cannot be 'proven' or treated.

And can lay you out for months, if you need to buy time.

Just a thought for those who need to get out of 'tricky' situations and buy time.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It is a good excuse to buy a little time. Worked for me.

• prologos
    prologos

if you plead insanity (belong to those mentally deseased) and have it confirmed by the experts,*

in the world you can not be convicted, buys you time among the other nuts.

*glorious ones

• Comatose
    Comatose

The health card is nice. Because even when they suspect your not too sick, if they are decent elders they will not want to appear uncaring and they will treat you like you THINK you really are sick. They will be afraid to push too hard. Then when they figure out that you are not sick at all they realize you just don't want to be there. But it's a gentler let down than saying I don't want to be there. The health card has many benefits. I highly recommend it. :-)

• blondie
    blondie

Just don't give the elders or others any details about your "illness." They love to pretend to be doctors. Remember free advice is worth what you paid for it. I just would say it was personal and I was seeing a QUALIFIED professional. Once I asked if I needed a note from my doctor to "prove" I was really sick....that made the COBOE back off.

I remember one brother telling me that Sister Faithful, came to all the meetings in a wheelchair and had dialysis 3 times a week...I asked what his point was...he did not want to make the conclusion, judgmental coward. I called that sister who I knew well (from another congregation) and asked her how she was making all the meetings. She said she made about 2 a month...I told her that Brother Encouraging said she made all the meetings and that I should be like her. Silence, then sputtering, "Blondie, I have to make a phone call." Then she called back, I guess she handed brother encouraging his head and to quit telling lies about her and making others feel guilty. Next time I saw him, he scuttered away. There are bullies at the WT, don't play their game.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Since the beginning of the Bible Students, alternative and homeopathic medicine have been looked upon in a very positive light. Perhaps these early 'Russellites' took their cue from John Kellogg (cereal guy) who was an Adventist and an M.D. who advocated vegetarianism, phototherapy, steam baths etc.

Every congregation I've been affiliated with had their fair share of irodologists, reflexologists, herbalists & aromatherapists. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - there's a lot we don't know about the body & mind.

It's just that a person can watch Dr. Oz and read a couple of books and become a 'medical expert' in a congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit