MORE ON 1975, FOR MUSKY

by Liberty 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Liberty
    Liberty

I remember the 1973 Conventions! Many of the attendies said it would be the last one... in this "Wicked Old System" anyway. I'm glad I'll be destroyed in the big "A" if Jehover makes the survivors keep having these painfully boring conventions for eternity. Hell is looking better and better!

• Beliarus
    Beliarus

I do not remember 1975, but I heard a lot about it. I remember year 1989, (1914+3.5+70), the year of the End, especially in our part of world, Eastern Europe. But years went on, without the signs of Great Suffering, people lives and income improved ever since from 1914. The sadest thing is to see people who hold that the Generation of 1914 would see the End and never dies. Only a few people remind well into their 90's who were born before 1914. I remember who one elder in our KH red every year government census of how many people are still alive and born prior 1910. As the number was declining, it was the sign, and he used to say, the Armageddon would be here within the year (I am sure he says it till today for good twenty-five years).
    I heard recently a new date set (2034, 1914+120), maybe we will find out, that the last days did not start in 1914 but somewhere close to our time. By then, nobody will remember 1975, 1989 or the Generation of the 1914.

• winsome
    winsome

Liberty,

Please compare these quotes and see if the WTS emphatically taught the actual date of 1975 as the beginning date of the millenial reign of Christ over earth, and the consummate date of Armageddon.

To follow along with these quotes, all we need to know is the WTS views the length of a "Creative Day" as being 7,000 year long. They believe the last 1,000 years of the 7th Creative Day or 7,000-year period, to be fulfilled in the millenial reign of Christ. Thats all you need to know.

Here are the quotes:

*** God's Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing For Man's Good (book) 1974 p. 51 ***

"Would there be another creative 'day,' a seventh 'day,' at the close of the 'morning' of which the whole earth would be populated with a human family and be a global Paradise? 'Evening' of seventh creative 'day' begins, 4026 B.C.E."

Now let's do the math.

4026 B.C.E. + 6000 years = 1975 beginning of Millenial Reign

Which means at least by 1975, Armageddon must have come and gone.

Would you say the WTS taught the date of 1975?

Another example:

*** God's Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing For Man's Good (book) 1974 pp. 131-132 ch.11 The Messiah of God's "Eternal Purpose" ***

"MORNING" OF SEVENTH CREATIVE "DAY" BEGINS, 526 B.C.E.

5 The first half or "evening" period of God's seventh creative "day" was now closing, 3,500 years from the creation of Adam and Eve.

Lets do the math again.

We start with 6,000 years total. They say 3,500 years has already been used up by the year of 526 B.C.E. So, that leaves us 2,500 years left. Therefore we add 2,500 years to 526 B.C.E. which brings us to 1975.

Again we see, the WTS says by the year of 1975 Armageddon should be over and 1,000 reign should begin.

Now let's examine this quote, AFTER 1975 did not bring Armageddon nor the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

*** Awake! 1995 June 22 p.9 Can You Trust God's Promises? ***

"...More recently, many Jehovah's Witnesses [not the WTS or F&DS] conjectured that events associated with the beginning of Christ's Millennial Reign might start to take place in 1975. Their anticipation was based on the understanding that the seventh millennium of human history would begin then. These erroneous views did not mean that God's promises were wrong, that he had made a mistake. By no means! The mistakes or misconceptions, as in the case of first-century Christians, were due to a failure to heed Jesus' caution, 'You do not know the time.'..."

It was "Jehovah's Witnesses" who made the mistake. Not the WTS or the Faithful and Discreet Slave. So the WTS and F&D Slave is not guilty of this sin. The brothers simply "conjectured". It wasn't actually taught in the printed publications by the F&D Slave.

What do you believe?

winsome

• musky
    musky

liberty, I came across your post by mistake. good post. Appreciated.

" Before 1975 you would have been DFed for claiming that the big "A" was years off in the future but after this failed date this began to slowly change and you were allowed to be against "date setting" and to bad mouth those "faithless" nameless "overzealous" Brothers who promoted 1975,"

I do not agree with that statement. You would have to give me an example of someone who was disfellowshipped for simply saying that the end was years off in the future.

" I'm glad I'll be destroyed in the big "A" if Jehover makes the survivors keep having these painfully boring conventions for eternity. Hell is looking better and better!"

Come on now liberty! were they really that bad? LOL.

winsome,

"It was "Jehovah's Witnesses" who made the mistake. Not the WTS or the Faithful and Discreet Slave. So the WTS and F&D Slave is not guilty of this sin. The brothers simply "conjectured". It wasn't actually taught in the printed publications by the F&D Slave."

I have no idea how you can make such a statement. It makes no sense to me. Don't you think that WTS or F&D slave considers themselves Jehovahs witnesses??

Alan F had some more articles that he directed me to, in addition to the ones you posted, like "WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO 1975?"
    How does your math figure with an article with that title?

It is not my intent to cause hard feelings with anyone . musky

• Will Power
    Will Power

So, in 1975, how old do you think these children were?
    "Receiving the gift [Children], the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord’s provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." (The Watchtower, September 15, 1941, p. 288)

Is there anyone out there?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Liberty,like the E-man I was there for the 1975 Bullshit era.WBTS played it up big time,now they`re too ashamed to admit it.So are many of the still active dubs who lived through it,I`ve seen it first hand.I find most dubs like to speak about truth,rarely speak the truth,and sure the hell don`t like to hear the truth(LOL)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit