by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Remember Monty Python?

Do you belong to the Looney religion?

metatron

• SYN
    SYN

Another shortcoming of the Bible. It simply doesn't consider the Little Green Men scenario, purely because the people who wrote it had a very limited, primitive outlook on life, as is evidenced in many other bits of that book.

According to the Bible, the sacrifice of Jesus was only for humans. Anything else must be screwed. That must really suck for the Greys.

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest SYN... may you have peace!

You said:

According to the Bible, the sacrifice of Jesus was only for humans. Anything else must be screwed.
    Would you be so kind as to show me where the Bible says that... specifically, please? Thank you. And while you're looking for it, may I direct you to:

Ecclesiastes 3:19-21
    Numbers 16:22
    Numbers 27:16
    1 Corinthians 15:38, 39
    Job 39:9, 27
    Job 41:1-4
    Numbers 22:33
    Genesis 8:1
    Genesis 9:12-17

I am sorry that you believe as you do, but my Lord gave his life on behalf of the WHOLE world, that everyone EXERCISING FAITH in him... which means HEARING HIS VOICE AND OBEYING HIS COMMAND... will have everlasting life.

John 14:21, 23, 24

Simply because animals, etc., have different VESSELS... bodies... than we... with different and limited capacities, does NOT mean that they do not hear... and OBEY... God.

Revelation 19:17, 18
    1 Kings 17:3-6
    Jonah 1:17, 2:10

Indeed, if the rocks can 'cry out', if the spirits, as well as the sun and moon, as well as mountains, hills, fruit trees and cedars can praise Him, then certainly the wild animal, as well as the domestic animal, the creeping thing as well as the winged bird... can praise Him.

Psalm 148

Now I know many here thing me a 'zealot', and they are entitled to their opinions. But if you have something that says that my Lord died ONLY for humans, I would certainly like to see it.

For my understanding is that he gave his life a sacrifice... for ALL. And surely, if animals were given in sacrifice FOR mankind at one time, would not love require their lives to be restored as well? Thus, the wolf and the lamb, the kid and the leopard, the calf and the maned lion, the cow and the bull WILL reside together.

Again, peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Crazy Aunt Shelby, Just kidding!

You bring up some really interesting points I've never thought about before. I've always wondered what would happen to my pets when they died. I hate the idea of Heaven without my doggies. I like what you say. Interesting...

Andi - in a very contemplative mood tonight...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good projection, met. While discoveries such as you suggest would cure many of their faith, it's my opinion that there would still remain untold numbers who would see this as an oportunity to witness to/evangelize/convert new alien species. Remember, one of the ways for cognative dissonance to be reduced is to bring others into the same belief.

I can almost hear the wt trumpeting of the ripeness of the fields at tau ceti.

SS

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Monty Python kicks ass.

The Loonie religion might be one of my sub-cults.

My main cult is the Omnitheon.

One of my other sub-cults is nothingism...which is what I was explainging in that post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit