Kingdom Hall loans Cancelled? Lurkers...please read

by ToesUp 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TheListener - "...maybe the broadcast will wake up some elders..."

In a weird way, woken-up elders are actually kind of my favorite type of fader/faker/fence-sitter.

• kairos
    kairos

The biggest kick to the crotch is that the local JWs never really owned the property they had a mortgage on to begin with. JWs are being asked to pay for/remodel property that they will never own.

The elders may be on the title, as long as they remain elders.
    If the local property get sold, the money will ALWAYS end up in WT's bank account.

If HQ decides your hall needs to be sold because Jehovah needs more money, there's not a thing YOU can do about it. Well you can drive 30 minutes to the next closest KH... Joy!

• bradford
    bradford

Few will wake up from this. As earth-shatteringly redonculous as this sounds, witnesses world wide will prayerfully figure a way to contribute more for a few months out of their hard earned money. Then, in a new broadcast, Tony will praise the way the flock has responded as the needs financially are being met "all to Jehovah's praise."

In about 6 months they will ask the flock to re-watch this episode, or will get a letter to all bodies of elders to watch this segment in place of a meeting.

I wish it would wake up a whole mess of people but who are we kidding. This cult stuff works.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

bradford, you are probably right. This cult stuff is a strong thing!

snugglebunny, The Searcher just posted the letter on a different post : Does anyone have a copy of the BOE letter regarding the KH money grab?

• done4good
    done4good

Bradford - I wish it would wake up a whole mess of people but who are we kidding. This cult stuff works.

I agree with that. However, it was never about a "mass awakening". What this is more about is speeding up a process where the best and brightest have been slowly awakening. Most of the changes that have taken place over the last few years have been doing just that. Just look at how many intelligent folks have found there way here. Many have been in many, many years.

The WT will not implode anytime soon, but eventually will be reduced to the lunatic fringe. It is well on its way.

d4g

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I have always disliked this crude expression, but boy does it fit here: Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining!😠
  • Simon
    Simon

Notice this:

"The elders in congregations currently making loan repayments would likely propose a resolution that is at least the same amount as the current monthly loan repayment"

i.e. Don't just pay us what you owe us (for building something that you'll sign over to us anyway) ... send more!

I wonder if there is some legality to this. It's like they want a loan and the loans to be repaid (and more) but it not to be a loan on paper. I wonder if they need a money lending license or something and this is a way of them skirting around the law?

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

The analog with a mortgage though may not touch base. the local hall would never have "owned" the hall anyways. Its ALWAYS the branches.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Splash
    is completely right, from a business perspective these "fiscal" things are all manufactured and controlled. Especially the org, think about it, the they are very much in control of the money they lay out, they dont HAVE to build halls really, if its going bankrupt them, also mortgages that can be used on property holdings could sustain them for some time, and lets not for get the float... yes... when you have gobs of millions and maybe even billions of dollars in transactions, you can reap pretty decent dollar amounts on interest off of floating those amounts, like a bank. Its a show.
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

"I have altered the arrangement. Pray I do not alter it further!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit