do you feel PRESSURED?

by refiners fire 20 Replies latest jw friends

• zombie
    zombie

My cousin is an airplane pilot for a major airline, he loves his job. But we were talking about work and about some who have short term jobs, or those who can't seem to keep a job and those who don't take jobs because its not their dream job.....

he said, people don't work because they want to, people work because they have to! Even though he loves his job, he'd quit in a minute if he could stay home and play hockey with his 5 year old son and still get paid.

Not that this is the point of your thread, but pressure seems to be my middle name. I can't seem to get a break. Just when you think the pressure is lifted, more weights get added. I have more work than I can handle but need every bit of it.

But I liked my cousins point, just keep my nose to the grindstone, stop worrying that I don't have the exact job I want and keep working. Every job has its downfalls.(I have had one of my jobs for 7 years and the new job for a month now......)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

butalbee,

I came thiiiiiiiis close [Pinching fingers] to calling in sick today. Then I remembered a damn meeting I had to attend.

Sucks

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• butalbee
    butalbee

Elsewhere--today was supposed to be the day we picked our new front end supervisor, but hey, they can wait one more day, I'm sick of working...Maybe I'll quit...Then I could fullfill my dream of becoming a professinal loafer.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I love my work! It took me several decades to come to the understanding and sense of detachment to realize what kind of work I like doing and to go out and get it. So now, I can set and chat on this thing whenever I want, arrange a meeting in another city whenever I want, head off to Alaska on a whim, or do the executive thing as well.

Gotta love it!

carmel who is probably overpaid and oversexed

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    Then I could fullfill my dream of becoming a professinal loafer.

I know quite a number of these. The woman next door doesnt work, nor does she starve. Shes on a pension.The people across the road are on the pension, they play music all day and drink all night.
    So starvation is not on anyones ticket, working or not. All these none working people seem to have money to support their vices, Smoking, booze or computer equiptment.And they seem to spend all day doing what they want.
    Makes you wonder,why the unwashed masses are rushing around thinking that what they do at work is important, dont it.

I quit and got a job paying twice as much
    Ive set a new standard for myself relating to work.
    They get what they pay for, If they are paying monkey money They get nothing, if they pay reasonable money they get reasonable intellectual application. If they want my full attention, theyll have to pay for it.
    My days of selling my soul to the company are over.Unless they pay for it.Maybe not even then.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    do you feel PRESSURED?

Reminds me of a Three Stooges episode when Moe puts Curly's head in a letter press and starts tuuuuuuuuuurning it tighter and tighter.

“Woob Woob Woob!! Moe! Moe! Moe!”

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Simon
    Simon

I know exactly what you mean - rediculous deadlines, managers who know nothing about what they are managing, workers who can't actually do the job they are paid to do and think it's ok to just keep asking for help ...

Aaargh!

Oh to be rich and run my own company like a company should be run:

Employ smart people, let them do what they are good at, but make sure they stop at 5:00pm and GO HOME!

• Simon
    Simon

just remembered something on the radio last week ...

a company in the UK banned people form the office after 5:00, had all sorts of anti-work practices, having fun etc...

Wouldn't you know? They just keep breaking all their productivity / profit records 'cause when people ARE there they do a damn good job 'cause they're happy!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I want to be Carmel.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

It's easy to call it a polarization (work or starve). But the system is here. It is what we have...learn to use it and prosper.

I know I sound like a heartless person, but this is the hand we are dealt. Play it well, sir.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit