Feeling Guilty

by naazira 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi naazira, Before you become a JW, what did you like doing during the summer? What made you happy? Why not think about taking a vacation from the WTBTS for at least the summer to make new non-JW friends?

If you read Steve Hassan's books, you would realize that you joined the WTBTS because JWs are very good at recruiting new members by using love bombing and deceit. If JWs were honest when trying to recruit new members, NO BODY whould join the WTBTS!! You are a dangerous cult surviror so start living!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Mum
    Mum

It took me two years to realize that the JW's were not special. Be patient with yourself. Take baby steps. Missing the convention can be the first step. Then read some good books, take a class, join a club, and build a new life for yourself.

Having a meeting with the elders was the catalyst to my realization that they are just another cult. The elders behaved so arrogantly and aggressively that I could not understand how they could claim to have any connection with God. They did not care about me or my spirituality or well-being in any way.

Your guilt is misplaced. If you need to feel guilt, it would be better to feel guilty about not donating to local food banks, doing volunteer work in the community in such a way that it makes a difference in people's lives, and for not becoming the person you were meant to be instead of being controlled by people who don't give a d*** about you.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Wait a minute. You mean they still have conventions? Oh I forgot, it's summer it's time to buy a new suit or dress and sit until your butt falls off at this years conventions. This will be the 5th one we have missed. No guilt. Just don't think about anymore. It will get easier for you. Just give it time. Totally ADD

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Been in your shoes. Find alternative activities to fill your time and mind. Believe me, the guilt passes and becomes relief.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Go to the beach with a good book, specifically Crisis of Conscience. After you finish that read, you won't feel any guilt at all.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I made a committment to myself when I left the borg is that i would NEVER feel guilty for any of my actions. The society encourages these non productive emotions. I decided that what ever decision I made it was what I decided and I would not gout through this whole process of "what if" and feel guilty for the unresolved options.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Take all the money you would have spent on going to the convention, and donate it to a homeless shelter or food bank. That one contribution will be worth more in actually doing good in the world than all the money you spent previously getting your brain washed . Spend the days of the convention reading Crisis of Conscious, or Combatting Mind Control and you will do more good for yourself than all the time you spent being bored to death. Why would you feel guilty about that?

• earthfire
    earthfire

Get out and do something you've been wanting to do. Plan your day(s). Like everyone said, the guilt will pass and you'll realize your freedom. Prisoners don't always know which way to go when they're outside of prison walls. So I say, RUN! Be free! It's okay, you won't get hurt. :-)

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I am with most folks on here feeling relief and not guilt...my last convention I attended was at the time in my life when I was at the end of my rope and on my way "out" so to speak, so I had a horrible time and felt so utterly oppressed- thus I was relieved when the next assembly or convention came around and I knew I didn't have to go. I now remember how exhausted mentally and especially physically the conventions were...and for me the "spritual food" was easily forgotten a week after I got home and back into the JW grind of work, study, service, meetings.

CHG

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You have to fill that time with something of value to you, you shouldn't leave that time empty.

TIME heals, in large doses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit