Jehovah’s Witnesses couple accused of neglecting child by feeding only fruits, vegetables and juices

by Sol Reform 30 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Jehovah Witnesses do alot of things wrong...but going to the Dr. and practicing a vegan diet is not one or malnourshing their children is not One.

Also, being vegan or vegetarian...did not cause this. Because the baby could have lived off of Soy Baby Formula alone and not be malnourished. This is JUST PLAIN OL PISS POOR PARENTING!!! PERIOD!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you, Scully, for stating the issues so well. They might be self-proclaimed Jehovah's Witnesses, having participated in a study or two, just as they appear to be self-proclaimed medical practitioners.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I seriously doubt these two turds have ever been inside of a KH. Dubs or not, what a criminal thing they did to that child

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's a sad story in this province where the mother ignorantly fed her infant Coffee Mate in lieu of formula. Malnutrition through ignorance and neglect, and the child was removed.

• d
    d

Those people do not look like typical JW's.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

that dude is not a JW.

Besides, there are stupid people in all religions and there are stupid atheists too.

• nugget
    nugget

These people are bad parents who happen to call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses. If they were regular attenders then it would be shocking if noone saw the child's condition and did nothing. It is more likely they were not regular attendersprobably citing the child's "illness".

• blondie
    blondie

I knew a woman whose mother taught her daughters to put a little alcoholic beverage in a baby's formula to quiet them down.............jws............I agree that these people probably at best were raised with one jw parent but were never baptized and drifted away.

I remember being a territory and the householder told me that the people down the block were jws. I knew that no jws lived in that area; so I wandered down there. These people had studied for a few months and stopped going to the meetings but identified themselves to one and all as jws. Christmas lights were up. I did check just in cases they were long time inactive...nope, not a move in either.

If I had ten cents every time someone thought jws were Christian scientists, I could have retired 10 years ago.

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

Claudel said he is a Jehovah's Witness and Vanessa is a Muslim so they combine the two faith's when they raise their child.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_n_palm_beach_county/jupiter/parent-denies-chlid-neglect-allegations-relating-to-nutritional-diet#ixzz2W6A2Yhnv

Claudel Louis: Parent denies chlid neglect allegations relating to nutritional die

Posted: 06/12/2013
    Last Updated: 3 hours and 54 minutes ago

SUBURBAN JUPITER, Fla. - An accused father is speaking out after he and his wife are arrested for child neglect, but some question whether religion played a role.

Just hours after bonding out of jail, Claudel Louis is distraught and in disbelief.

"They have arrested me for this," he said angrily while fighting back tears. "It's devastating man. Just imagine not having your kid that you've been raising and taking care of and that you love."

He and his wife Vanessa were arrested for allegedly malnourishing their 19-month-old baby boy.

The couple claims the combination of their religious beliefs shape their son's diet.

In the arrest report it said the two are naturalists so they only feed their son juice, fruit and vegetables.

"It's not that we were opposed to give him a normal diet, it's just that it had to be organic and healthy," he said. "The only thing we would not give him is pork."

Claudel said he is a Jehovah's Witness and Vanessa is a Muslim so they combine the two faith's when they raise their child.

Investigators said in February the couple noticed their son was quote, "wasting away."

The arrest report said they tried holistic and religious remedies.

Once they noticed their son's health wasn't improving, as a last resort they took him to the doctor on May 24.

"We thought maybe it was a diet problem, but as it turns out that wasn't the case what he had was pneumonia," Louis said.

Doctors told investigators the child had respiratory failure requiring lifesaving treatments.

The arrest report said the couple's actions constitute severe and life threatening medical neglect.

Louis is now questioning his son's medical care.

He is fighting for his son back and vowing to do whatever it takes to get his son healthy again.

"At the time we didn't think he needed the baby formula, but the doctor explained to us that is what he needed," he said. "It is also part of our religion to do everything also to preserve our lives, so that would not be against my religion at all. I would do it, " said Louis.

Louis said he raised his 6-year-old son with a similar diet.

NewsChannel 5 tried to get more information from the Department of Children and Families as well as the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, but authorities said it's still an ongoing investigation.

Although Claudel Louis has identified himself as a Jehovah's Witness the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses contacted us to say that, "none of the beliefs and/or practices of Jehovah's Witnesses lend any support to the criminal act of child neglect." It said any inferences are inflammatory and offensive to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_n_palm_beach_county/jupiter/parent-denies-chlid-neglect-allegations-relating-to-nutritional-diet#ixzz2W6ABV8Xp

• jgnat
    jgnat

"none of the beliefs and/or practices of Jehovah's Witnesses lend any support to the criminal act of child neglect."

Except of course, in the matter of a life-saving blood transfusion. A child raised by a Witness is safe as long as they don't contract leukemiaor experience traumatic blood loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit