Anyone ever written an ''Assertive' letter to GB ?

by *lost* 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• *lost*
    *lost*

Curious.

If not would anyone like to help me pen a very 'Assertive' letter ?

Just for the hell of it, see if we get a response ?

• zound
    zound

What are you pet subjects?

Instead of starting a new thread I'm just going to ask something in this one (which may be relevant) hope you don't mind:

If I was an ex - JW, that had moved away from original congregation and had been technically 'inactive' for about ten years, no contact with any JW's. Then wrote some letters to HQ that are fairly critical of loads of things (the usual topics) would this trickle through to a judicial committee or would they just leave me be?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The only thing I can really say is that I have heard reports that letters of this kind may likely end up shredded if word doesn't get back to the local BOE.

This magazine answers your very interesting question...

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I detest the way some letter writers feel they need to stroke the GB members egos before attempting to ask a question or offer suggestions.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lost, read this:

An Open letter to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

It was written by a now-ex-elder.

Enjoy!

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's more effective to call the Service Department, tell the brother your name and congregation number,

and ask him to give the GB a message:

Goobye, False Prophets!

• blondie
    blondie

You know they get opened by the peons in the mail area and get slotted to the peon assigned to handling these gnatty letters? I'm positive nobody on the GB ever sees these letters. They just figure out what congregation you are from and send it back to the BOE or have a form letter sent for your particular gnatty letter.

• zound
    zound

I sent a contentious letter (UN and Conti) though I wasn't slamming them completely (just implying). Got a reply two weeks later. Sent a second letter that was a bit more contentious and haven't got a reply yet.

Shredder you think?

• *lost*
    *lost*

zound don't mind at all, work away.

If a letter is marked private and confidential, doesn't that mean that by law the only person who can open it is the recipient ?

even by-passes the secretary ? no ?

I dunno, it just popped into my head today. Not and angry aggressive letter, statement, whatever, but really assertive, stating the facts like.

sometimes I get really freaking peed off, and a bit angry.

(bites tongue to refrain from using bad language, let the reader use discernment, lol)

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Open Letter from the Children of Jehovah’s Witnesses to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses (January 2012)

http://jwnews.org/2012/01/12/open-letter-from-the-children-of-jehovahs-witnesses-to-the-governing-body-of-jehovahs-witnesses/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit