• wasblind
    wasblind

I understand Sosoconfused,

My intention for this thread is not to demean anyone

or myself

Any thread about race is sensitive and because of that

I think certain terms can be avoided and the case still be made

The case to be made is that Jehovah's Witnesses who happen to be Black

have once again commited themselves to an institution that has been outlawed

since the emancipation.

Under the pretense of a religion

That still use Antebellum terminology like Slave, Overseer, and Fieldservice

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@was - I'm not instigating or anything - ssorry if I gave off that vibe LOL

• wasblind
    wasblind

I didn't take it that way Sosoconfused

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sticking with the thread topic, whether Herd knows it or not, he's token. My personal belief is that Leon Weaver was selected as the President of the WT Corporation so that Herd didn't look completely out of place. Affirmative Annointion. Gotta love it.___TS

Affirmative Annointion LOL @ Theo

Here in the south , all of the congregations I attended are mostly black

The WTS knew that they had to place a face or two

for representation

If not, it would start to look like what it is

Master in the big house , slaves in the fields

The WTS ( Satan ) is wiser than any southern Slave master

they are an equal opportunity slave driver

they don't care who they enslave

Black or White. Big and small

the WTS will take 'em all

Foolin' folks into thinkin' that slaves bark out orders from Ivory towers

Satan is a sly one ain't he

The WTS is right on one thing. They're no part of " this " world

cuz the last time I checked the history books

The slave were in the fields. Under the watchful eye of the Overseer

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Theo Sedition - I don't want to derail the thread LOL... but I grew up in North Carolina... very racist area so I am very sensitive about this stuff sometimes.

See My father is from Virginia and his dad was a sharecropper. My dad's mothers mother. Lived in the house with them and she had been a full-fledged slave. My grandmother also worked for next to nothing at the former owners of her mother (VOMIT). Needless to say the term used earlier and any derivation of it that my father heard us use or anyone in his presence ALWAYS ended badly...

In my teens in the early to mid 90's all the kids would throw it around like it was nothing. I mad the mistake one time of saying it where my father could hear it. I was on the porch with friends and he was in the car. He got out the car and slapped the literally spit out of my mouth.

He then proceeded too sit me down and tell me how utterly ignorant I was for defacing myself and my ancestors. You can imagine my shock hearing these words and actions from a generally mild mannered JW elder but this was one thing he was serious about. In hindsight I can see why he hates the word and detests anyone of African descent using it - because he saw what that word really meant to people and the stigma that was tied to it. I still hold on to that as well. Maybe I should let it go... but I can't

• wasblind
    wasblind

I still live in the Tar heel state. Yes, I grew up hearin' the word

On Sanford and Son the word was used in several episodes

that now have been edited out

Those who learned better, did better and took the word

outta thier vocabularly

BTTT

I think it's time for folks to question Jehovah's Witnesses who happen to be black

on how long would they have been willin' to " wait on the kingdom "

If Lincoln hada changed his mind

• Mum
    Mum

It seems to me that the WTS is exploiting this African American's presence on the GB to keep folks "in their place" which, in their view, is to accept one's lot as a nobody and live a life of "quiet desperation."

In 2002 (I think), I attended the Silentlambs march in Brooklyn. We all gathered in front of the WT headquarters and said our piece, such as "No more pedophiles at my door" and "What are you afraid of?" (in response to their hiding from us). Finally, an African American man came outside and closed an iron gate in front of the entrance to the building. I don't know if that man was Mr. Herd or not, but I could not help but wonder why the white folks didn't have the cojones to do it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Mum

Probably one of the guys from the laundry

• whathappened
    whathappened

"Wait on the Kingdom" means "shut your mouth, stop complaining and go out and make us more converts."

• wasblind
    wasblind

Slaves adopted thier christain beliefs from thier Masters

part of this belief was if they did not get what they desired in this lifetime

Which was ( Freedom )

It could be found in heaven. the kingdom of God

as in " Wait on the Kingdom "

Sound familiar ?

That was qouted in a history book based on slavery in the south

Picturing a People : A History of African Americans from 1619-1900 By frank Woods Jr.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit