Falling asleep at meetings

by Naeblis 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Once I fell asleep at the meeting. The melodic drone of the worker bee on the platform filled my head with z's. I fought it's clever machinations, with figurative tooth and nail I clawed at it's relentless apathy. I succumbed. The flesh....is weak. I do not know to this day what cause me to emerge from my tranquil sin, but it was loud...and startling. I heaved myself off the seat to crash into the person directly in front of me. "Jesus creeping god," yelled a voice that sounded like mine and I fell backwards with a heavy thump. The necks turned and the heads followed, and I withered in their angry gaze. My sin was their sin...who among them could throw the first stone??? I have seen the bobbing heads...the drooping eyes...but in my sin theirs was redeemed..for I, unlike them, had been caught. I picked myself up proudly and sat in my seat with no regrets. I had fallen asleep. And god damn it...I would fall asleep again. It is a sad story of anguish and regret. BUt it is mine.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

dude .. you're cracking me up! LOL

LOL@head bobbing and fighting the sleep. Yeah, we've all been there.

Path

• waiting
    waiting

applause for the newbie.........

I would suspect all jw's have been asleep - many have kicked their foot, snored, snorted, made *other* noises, neck snaps their head erect like the back of momma's hand - but few actually jump to their feet.

Betcha made the others feel quite superior in their semi-wakefullness.

welcome to our humble abode.

waiting

• LDH
    LDH

My personal fave, taking notes and then falling asleep.

You know who you are! The beautiful notes somehow get a little less legible until finally you're writing lines, and then CRASH BOOM BANG NOTHING!

• ISP
    ISP

Falling asleep at meetings is cool. We would try to do it as a family if possible. As soon as we could we would get our kids nice and cosy so they were 'off' pretty soon. I would usually follow, dependent on certain variables such as, boringness (? is that a word) of the speaker and quantity of food consumed prior. Wife might also join in. Waking up was always tricky. Best to, sort of ,wake up slowly check out what was going on and maybe fiddle with stuff in your bag. I have woken up as if there had been an explosion or something which was always embarrassing.

Sometimes if the kids needed to be taken out I could take them to the restroom which was great for stacking up some zzzzzzzz's unless there was some mother breast feeding.

ISP

• logical
    logical

Edited by - logical on 5 February 2001 21:27:33

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Danielle,

Welcome sister. But you really need to relax about this whole "good association thing. Just skip over Naeblis posts if you don't care to read them. Personally, I don't think he or anyone here means you any harm.

Why don't u take what you've learned and what you know and start to think for yourself? I don't mean to sound mean, but if you can't figure out what's "good association" then how can you possibly ready to pick someone to spend the rest of your life with?

Path

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I never posted at H20 logical. Sorry to disappoint your prejedice. If I post in a slightly askew manner why does that offend you? You know...there is surgery now that can fix being born without a sense of humour. You might want to look into it. Very affordable.

• TR
    TR

Hi Danielle!

Welcome!

I'm a moral, ethical and somewhat conservative person, in my opinion. I think I'm good association. However, you are going to run into anti-WTS views as well as pro-WTS views here. As for me, I think the WTS is a bogus, old fart directed organization that screws with people's lives at times. Just thought I'd warn you.(as if you couldn't tell by some of the other posts)

TR

• waiting
    waiting

hey y'all,

My husband & I made an agreement - if neither snored, they were allowed to sleep peacefully. My youngest son never could stay awake. I finally gave up as long as he could keep his head erect so it wasn't so noticeable.

We elevated the ability to sleep somewhat un-noticed to an art form.
    Well, at least in our own sleep-filled minds.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit