My Letter to Brooklyn about the Parousia that got me disfellowshipped

by cofty 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Cofty, thanks for posting this.

In actual fulfillment, the parousia of Christ should follow the concept of the arrival of a dignitary. Dignitaries arrived in the city in a long entourage, where everyone in the entourage arrived first ahead of the dignitary and the dignitary arrived last. So "parousia" in relation to "arrival" would mean the events preceding the actual arrival. Thus that is what the disciples were asking about: What would be the events leading up to his actual arrival and thus the events of the parousia? They were asking what would they be seeing just prior to his arrival?

On a spiritual level, basically, there would have to be some preparatory work that would take place before Christ's arrival when he would harvest the elect. This would include a special preaching work to take place before his arrival. So the beginning of his parousia is linked with when "Michael stands up" (Daniel 12:1). That is, Jesus would remain relatively inactive in world affairs and in relation to his coming until a generation prior to that arrival. So his actual parousia, likened to the days of Noah, would begin a generation of 120 years prior to his actual arrival. Thus the beginning of Christ's parousia occurred in 1874, 120 years of a generation from 1874-1994. Another generation concept is linked to 1914, a generation of 80 years from 1914-1994. These are periods of his parousia. His actual arrival, though, that is, the actual 2nd coming would take place near the very end of this generation but prior to its end. Christ's actual 2nd coming based on Jerusalem's fall in 529 BCE would occur in 1992-1993. That is a date just prior to the end of a generation ending in 1994.

"Presence" is a poor translation of that term. The term actually means the events surrounding "para" his coming, not his actual coming. I don't know of any English word that would reflect what this means other than "pre-arrival." "Para" means around or "near. Such as the term "paramedic" or "paralegal" refers to those who are not actually medics or legals, but near or close to those professionals. When it came to the arrival of a dignitary, though, that term more specifically referred to the procession leading up to the arrival of the dignitary and thus the events just before his actual arrival. Christ's paraousia is related to 120 years from 1874-1994, with his actual arrival occuring prior to 1994 but close to 1994. Jesus arrived on December 25, 1992.

Sorry you were kicked out for THINKING! But that too was prophesied! The "evil slave" would beat his fellow slaves when they did not follow blindly everything they said. But the GB itself was "disfellowshipped" on November 10, 1992 from God's heavenly organization. A letter was sent to them on this date explaining this to them. They are now apostate and cast out.

Finally, just in case you didn't catch this in any of my other posts, the "end of the system of things" is not a reference to Armageddon but to the end of the gentile times. Thus the "conclusion of the system of things" or the "end of the age" of the gentile times did indeed occur during Christ's parousia of 1874-1994 on November 30, 1947 when the Jews officially came out of exile and the gentile times officially ended. This was the end of the "system of things" or age that the Jews of the 1st Century were currently under and that would continue after the destruction of Jerusalem.

The "sign of the son of man" is an image seen in the clouds by the elect of a dead black child messiah's face. It began to appear when the person chosen to be the physical Christ at the sescond coming was born. The WTS is very aware of this sign appearing to the elect and represents that sign in their cryptic artwork in the 1984 "Revelation" book. So the WTS has been holding out and is full of deception. (see below)

Thanks for sharing your experience/ What the WTS is teaching is one thing, but for those who actually want to know the true fulfillment, the light is now available!

face in hand

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The "sign of the son of man" is an image seen in the clouds by the elect of a dead black child messiah's face.

Well there's a good thread ruined.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well, um, thanks Lars.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Cofty:

I am not in any way taking issue with this view, nor am I questioning the fact that we have been living in the last days since Christ's enthronement in 1914.

I hope you've moved on since then about 1914?

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Cofty, you wrote a perfect letter and they disfellowshipped you!! When I wrote them and told the local BOE that the whole concept was a money making scam, I called them every bad name I could think of. Publicly at the meetings, blasting the self-righteous local BOE over and over and all they did was give a marking talk. Them stupid basturds can even get that right! What a bunch of idiots.....inso4

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

insearchoftruth4-Im really sorry I gave that stupid marking talk about you bro. You are one of my best friends now.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Cofty, I enjoyed your letter and research. Reminded me of my letter to Brooklyn. They answered it with a "no comment" and instructed the local elders to disfellowship. Oh, those were the days my friend.... (actually only last year for me)! In the end, nothing has changed.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

You got that right ballplayer!!!!......You be my Main Man...Think any of the dubs in the congo we use to be in have any idea who we are, posting...nah....They are probably picking their nose and chewing it up...LOL Lots of love from my family to you and your crew...guitar playing brother! C.O.B.E. Beef can dunk!!ooh!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Good letter and reasoning cofty. And, yes you definately sounded like a kiss-b_tt (i.e., sycophant) in your letter.

On the positive side, the WTBTS Df'ing you was probably the nicest thing they could do to help awaken you so that you could live a happier and more productive life as an ex-JW. Score another example of a cult survior who thrived. It is very sad that other ex-JWs have not.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Listener
    Listener

Marking.

How they deal with those that present the truth to them in a logical and humble manner speaks volumes and shows they are not sincere in their efforts to understand the bible better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit