Puppy Love

by Celia 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

My dog died today...
    And I am very sad. I got him as a 7 week old puppy 11 years ago and I loved him dearly.
    I brought him to the vet. to be put to sleep, that was so hard, but he had diabetes, had lost at least 25 pounds in the last 3 months, drank gallons and gallons of water, woke me up 2 or 3 times during the night to go out, could barely walk anymore, and he was blind...

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

I'm sorry {{{Celia}}}. Sometimes our pets are the most human people we know.

I thoroughly believe animal souls go on to a better place just as human souls do.

Silverleaf

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hi Celia:

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to loose a pet you love so much!!

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

(((Celia))).....I`ve had to put down several beloved pets and oh boy does it hurt! Im sorry for your loss it chokes me up just hearing about it. I`ll have to agree with Silverleaf I loved my puppies and kitties better than most humans (you know what I mean) You`ll never forget that pooch but time will make it easyer..........Jedd

• noidea
    noidea

{{{{{Celia}}}}} I'm sorry
    It's so hard when we loose a faithful friend.

• Celia
    Celia

Thank you all.
    We brought him home and buried him on our property, at the edge of the woods he loved so much.
    It will get easier over time, I am sure, but tonight everything was a reminder : his food and dish bowls still in their place, his bed. And after dinner : No more Cleo to eat the leftover chicken gravy and rice...
    I wonder how long I can go without a new pup !

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

There is always deep sadness when you have to put down a pet that you love so much. I have had this happen in my life with my cats and kittens. It is heart wrenching and it is never eaiser the second time around. I love animals so much and I cry very alot when i see a little creature of any kind die. My heart sinks with sadness. I feel you lose and shed some tears with you. I am so happy you are putting him in the ground that he loved so much. Please accept my love and tears and hugs.
    Orangefatcat

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Celia I am so sorry you had to put your pet down, I also had to put my 9 year old Cat "Callie" to sleep two weeks ago, my heart goes out to you, this is a heart wrenching thing to have to do, still I cry when I think of her. She had a Kidney disease, and lost way to much weight, 5 pounds when I took her in. I just stood there and bawled, then brought her home. I love animals, so we have had a few experiences as this, It is so sad. Thinking of you.

• picosito
    picosito

Same thing for me too through the years; cats Roach, Paco, Fida, Bon Bon, Koko, Callie....No matter how philosophical I make myself I still am saddened so much by death: animals, birds, people, some insects......and wonder how some Supreme Being, if that's what it is, can stand all the death of sentient beings who do NOT want to die, every second of every day for thousands of years now. "He is opening his hand and satisfying the desire of every living thing" still puzzles me as the desire of all sentient life forms is to LIVE, not die. I hope to have some real answer for myself some time.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Awwwwwww....
    I'm sorry.

SPAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit