Leaving the Borg > rebuilding your Life > How to erase your time as Bethelite, Missionary, FTS?

by BluePill2 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Interesting comments. I've had to creatively explain my past. At least it isn't a criminal record that I'm trying to hide.

• matt2414
    matt2414

BluePill2, I faded about 8 years ago and have faced something similar as you. As soon as I set up LinkedIn, JWs started messaging me, wanted to link. Same thing on Facebook, which we use at work to announce and invite people to events. I just ignore all the JWs who want to connect, not even allowing one as a friend. I don't mention to any co-workers that I used to be a Witness because there are JWs who work in my building, and I don't want them asking questions, calling the elders or trying to get me to return. It's funny that among my co-workers I've admitted that I am gay and in a relationship with another man, but I absolutely avoid at all cost any talk about being a JW. It's interesting that I have had no problems from my "worldly" co-workers about being gay, but if the JWs find out that I'm inactive and used to be an elder and a missionary, I would have hell to pay from that hate group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit