Brothers who were held back from being elder for stupid reasons?

by toto555 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

@toto555:

Were you passed over for an appointment?

• happy@last
    happy@last

I scripturally qualified for years, but was held back as I wasn't old enough, apparently I had to be aged 30+

As an MS I was a group overseer, did shepherding visits, gave public talks etc, but was not old enough to be labelled.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Welcome toto555,..... its a man made religion with man made appointments (ain't nothing holy about it).... I've been removed I think at least 6 or 7 times maybe more from various parts of the butt kissing latter.....one of those "appointments" lasted for 1 week....then....GONG!!!..... Hang around, lots to learn here......inso4

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Welcome toto555,..... its a man made religion with man made appointments (ain't nothing holy about it).... I've been removed I think at least 6 or 7 times maybe more from various parts of the butt kissing latter.....one of those "appointments" lasted for 1 week....then....GONG!!!..... Hang around, lots to learn here......inso4

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

I handed on average 8 hours each month in. The elders encouraged me to increase this to 10 and suggested that I could count 4 hours a month for studying with my kids. I said that I viewed that as a responsibility as a parent and would therefore not count this time. (According to their rules I was actually making 12 hours)

Well they commented that if I continued to refuse to count my children's time and remained short of 10 hours, they would never appoint me as elder.

I refused to go against my principles and did not make it beyond MS.

On hindsite they did me a big favor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit