TRUTH be TOLD up on the JW news

by Refriedtruth 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

This is the first time I have seen the documentary "Truth be Told" up on the google news for Jehovah's Witnesses COMMENT use face book log in comment before JW trolls trash it http://brookline.patch.com/articles/five-things-truth-be-told Five Things: Truth Be Told Patch.com - Truth Be Told - Documentary Screening: a new feature-length documentary - lifts the veil on the seemingly benign Jehovah's Witnesses religion ... Truth Be Told - Documentary Screening: a new feature-length documentary - lifts the veil on the seemingly benign Jehovah’s Witnesses religion to expose a profit-driven, isolationist culture characterized by fear, totalitarian corporate leadership, intellectual & spiritual intimidation, suspension of critical thinking, failed prophecies, doctrinal inconsistency and improper handling of physical and sexual abuse allegations within the church.Show begins at 7pm. There will be a Q&A session with director Gregorio Smith after the screening. Confirmed guests include noted author, cult expert and mental health counselor Steven Hassan.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Brookline where it's playing is in Boston which is where Steve Hassan lives also.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Countered by The Prodigal Son !!!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Wish I knew about this earlier.... I live herre in Boston... but wouldn't be able to make it in time

Coffee

• Refriedtruth
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Steven Hassan will be speaking afterward...

If anybody attended, I'd love to hear a review of the event.

• Refriedtruth
  • Londo111
    Londo111

At a loss for words?

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

I'll bump with this please comment at the article

Did Cultish Religion Move Paris Jackson to Attempt Suicide?

Charisma News -1 hour ago But some are suggesting Jackson's suicide attempt is the fruit of being raised as a Jehovah Witness (JW). According to the DailyMail, in May, ...

People who feel no one understands them are vulnerable to wanting to join a beloved deceased parent or family member,” Dr. Ran Walfish, author of The Self-Aware Parent, told WENN. “Given Paris' personal circumstances and the anniversary of her father's death, she was a high-risk candidate for suicide."But some are suggesting Jackson’s suicide attempt is the fruit of being raised as a Jehovah Witness (JW). According to the DailyMail, in May, Jackson refused to follow her grandmother in preaching door-to-door, as is common in the JW faith.
    "After years of going with her family around their Calabasas, Calif., neighborhood spreading the religion's message every Sunday, the 15-year-old and her brother, Prince Michael, 16, have decided to no longer participate," the paper reports.

Richard Kelly, a director of the Advocates of Awareness of Watchtower Abuses, an international nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness about concerns regarding the “high control” religion, says Jackson’s episode is characteristic of what happens to JW children.

“There is a high incidence of suicide attempts and cutting among JW children,” he says. “They’re told to go to all the meetings; they’re told Armageddon is coming; they’re told they need to go door-to-door to hand out materials. Kids with minds of their own develop problems with these demands and act out in various ways. Suicide attempts are not uncommon.”

• Refriedtruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit