Out of the mental cell stuck in the physical prison......no-win situation

by Kensho 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kensho
    Kensho

Jdubs are fond of quoting Peter "Where are we to go Lord"... well the answer for me has been this forum for last couple of years which is really sad because I should be able to talk to my lifelong friends instead of faceless avatars. ( don't get me wrong this place has helped me through some really rough times mentally Kudos to Terry, Cedars,Slimboyfat, Blondie,JWFacts and many others.)

The shun gun has prevented me from making the move completely out of this cult I have given my life to. The utter disgust for all things WT is becoming unbearable at times. This is one of those times and JWN is the only place I can vent. (sorry for the rant in advance)

Can't talk to my JW best friend of 40 plus years or the many lifelong JW friends or even my wife who I love dearly and would lose if I was exposed. She is really the one who holds the key to my prison but she is 100% witness. ( I can't blame them, they are fellow victims and prisoners of this cult & still asleep)

You can't discuss this with anyone who has not had the JW life because there is no way for them to relate, they would just say "get the hell out" not realizing the tight controlls and the huge price that would have to be paid to get out.

My plan is to make the jump to complete inactivity using the "new light" about the FDS/GB BS in the July WT. on top of the already established overlapping gen. Crap, as my excuse and then out completely.

I know many on JWN would say, they made the exit I can too, but when I consider the price, loosing everything at the second half of my life I admit fear over takes me and I convince myself that the sacrifice of "faking it" is worth it, life is full of sacrifice.

What an ingenious prison the borg has put together, one must admire it's effectiveness while at the same time holding utter contempt for the architects.

I have become a closet Deist which has given me peace with all things related to revealed religion and it has made it easy to go through the motions of meetings and putting some numbers on a piece of paper to keep up the front, it's all BS anyway.

The big thing I come back is a quote from Thomas Paine (deist founding father)

" It is necessary for the happiness of man to be mentally faithful to himself, for infidelity does not consist in believing, it consist in professing to believe what he does not,"

At times something deep inside me says achieving the above is worth all the price I would pay, and at other times I beckon for the solace of the eternal dirt nap.

Thanks for the page time!

Kensho

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I feel your pain. If you think your life would really suck without your friends & family, then maybe your slow fade is a good idea. I hope your wife and you have a happy marriage, otherwise that is not worth it. I wish you the best. Only you know what would be best for you personally.

Is it possible to take up a hobby or something where you can make some friends outside the JWs without them knowing you are doing it? Just a thought. If you are planning a fade, you should start making some outside friends now, so you will have some support.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sorry!! I know how bad it is. The Org is getting crazier!! The new prodigal son dvd screams wacko! Maybe they GB will allow their own paranoia to destroy their sand castle. It sucks not having a real person to talk to. Maybe you can find a friend in your area?

Peace,

DD

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hang in there. Sorry for what you are going through. A new hobby is a good idea on many levels. Something to put time into and possibly make friends. I wish you the best.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I'm glad you got to vent, your post makes my heart ache for all of you out there that continue to have to lead that "double life" for family. When things became unbearable for me on the inside and I wasn't ready to pull the trigger yet, I started running. I think the exercise really helped to work stuff out inside my head, and the endorphins were needed to help fight the depression resulting from feeling so trapped and anxious. So I also think the hobby idea is a good one.

CHG

• stuckinamovement
  • d
    d

Sorry to hear that.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm sorry for your pain Kensho. I have never been a JW, but I do understand the power of BITE control and how most non-JWs would not understand how powerful the WTBTS's Shun Gun is.

Do you know about www.meetup.com? Is there an ex-JW meet-up group near you? It is much better to talk with a really person than typing to them.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

P.S. - If JWs believe that Simon Peter said "Where are we to go Lord?" they need to read the Bible more than WTBTS propaganda. It is interesting how the WTBTS pretends to quote Bible scriptures in their propaganda so that JWs can demonstate how knowledgable they are of Bible scriptures - They're not!!

NIV John 6:68-69

68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

• StAnn
    StAnn

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. I've lost all of my family and friends. Many years down the road, I've learned to live with it but it is a hard pill to swallow. All because you simply changed your mind.

I'm a born-in too. If you're near SW Ohio, PM me and we'll arrange a meeting. I know some other ex-JWs in the area.

• *lost*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit