Do Not Calls is it about control?

by hoser 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

They haven't called on us in years. Last time they called it was the CO and some teenaged boy, I told them I left because the congregation treated me like crap when I was ill with postpartum depression - to the point that I was suicidal. I told them I could never trust the congregation again after the way they abused me when my family and I needed their support the most. The CO was dumbfounded... just stood there stunned like I'd slapped him across the face.

PWNed!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For sure, it is risky. When the witlesses keep calling on people that have made it clear that they do not wish to return, or that they are not interested and absolutely do not want the witlesses back, they are inviting problems. And next time, it could be worse--some states and countries have laws that make it perfectly legal to shoot the witlesses if the householder has No Trespassing signs up, have warned the witlesses several times, and the witlesses keep disregarding them. Pepper spray, dogs, and cops called on them are other risks the witlesses are inviting by doing this--and it's their own fault.

And, there is the risk that they are going to get the one person that knows how to do black magick. Perhaps they are practiced witches and they learned enough to cast spells on the witlesses. Nothing will happen at the door, but they could be in for a spate of bad luck. Flat tires, cars getting stolen, accidents, getting sick the next day--and what not. Once again, it is the fault of the witlesses who repeatedly showed up despite clear warnings not to--they think joke-hova is going to protect them. They get the wrong person pxxxed off, and they will find out the hard way that it is not going to protect them from anything.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Not been called on for 4 years.

They don't know I am here and don't bother with the area I live in at all.

I would imagine Do Not Calls are often people with more knowledge about jwdom than the average householder and so are prepared to make a stand against them.

The ones who know nothing have a moan but are not pro-active to stop the intrusion.

Would the bOrg want unsuspecting publishers calling on houses where the occupier might know more about watchtower history than the person selling the religion?

Control, always.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Okay, I've been gone from JWD for a couple of years, so what is Sparlock?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Never mind. I googled Sparlock and got JWFacts explanation about it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am a DNC, but they call anyway sometimes, just because they know me and because the want to give me a Memorial invite or somesuch, annoying, but bless 'em they mean well.

I don't think the Elders hardly ever checked up on DNC's generally in my Congo. until a new Service Overseer was appointed, young feller, but not very good at FS ironically, so he took it upon himself to call on ALL the DNC's in our territory, I think he found that easier than cold calling !

Just a simple request for confirmation that nothing had changed, then he was off in the car to the next one, he could waste hours this way, and yet count all his "time".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit