Jehovah's Witnesses: Who's Your Mediator?

by Darth Rutherford 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Notice this subject is never discussed with a new bible study and the last question during baptism is also never discussed, the one were your giving your allegiance to the ORG and not Jesus.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Can you imagine telling someone who was any form of Christian that the new testament is written for 144000 onl and that we are just pretty much observers?? Because in essence that would be the truth

• designs
    designs

sosoconfused- A mediator for a few is the way John Calvin and the Presbyterians interpreted Paul's doctrine.

It is for the 'predestined elect only'.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@designs

I guess I should have said most Christians. Atleast the ones I have met in my small little world.

• designs
    designs

This was a big controversy in the Protestant movement, see the Canons Of Dort, one of John Calvins earliest Confessions of Faith.

You have to remember that C.T. Russell and Fred Franz were both raised Presbyterians so this is the idea they were raised with, Rutherford was raised a Baptist.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

That's interesting... I did not know that. It makes sense though. The change in the 'mediator' teaching in the late 70's/early 80's occured during the Fred Franz' era.

• Listener
    Listener

As you pointed out, the context needs to be considered in order to come to a proper understanding of the scripture and to whom he is referring to. Time after time the GB fail to do this. It is an example of how they make the bible fit their own doctrines.

Lastly, Paul shows that it is his purpose to witness to the “nations” that Jesus is mediator and ransomer.

The other sheep are declaring that Jesus' is the mediator for only 144,000. Where is the commission that they gather in future chosen ones? They are drawing people in where some will have the opportunity to have Jesus as their mediator and most won't. With their failure to understand the mediatorship they are failing in bringing this message, their witnessing work becomes futile.

• designs
    designs

Listener- How so. Religions that teach some future reward take a follower through some maze in order to get to the prize, JW theology is no different just a different route.

What you have with Pauline doctrine is a route to some future reward that a Jew would find superfluous ie a mediator and ransomer, neither of which a Jew finds necessary to get to the prize. So you have Paul inventing stuff as he imagined how the road through the maze to the prize should happen. And as has been shown Pauline doctrine gets interpreted in very different ways by different Christian groups.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Didn't "I'm right" (Anthony Morris) change his handle to "Oscar Meyer" recently?

I'm right

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/governing-body-2012.jpg

Now:

"Oscar Meyer"

• designs
    designs

Morris has gone Old School, maybe the Wt. is plannig to reprint the old Paradise Lost book with all the pics of pets, kids, and adults falling into the split open earth, that should scar a new generation of JW children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit